Build it and they will come.

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Build it and they will come.

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Wow...

Classic-Castle.com has just passed a new milestone in its very young history. 100,000 hits to the main page! We're all pretty awe-struck, to tell the truth. Who would have guessed back when we started planning this website back in August it'd be so... so...

Feel the Castle love, baby!

Here's to another 100,000 hits!

--The CC Team
Last edited by SavaTheAggie on Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Congrats to all the admins, and to all the participants, for creating a great site.

Bruce
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Congratulations! I am so proud of this site. It has been an honor to see it grow as it has. Thank you everybody for bringing this wonderful site together.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
The Wolfpack Boss
Freeman

Awe-struck?

Post by The Wolfpack Boss »

I wouldn't be so awestruck if I were you guys. Classic-Castle and the CCC Standard have provided a rallying point and a flag for all us castle afficianados to rally around.

For way too long, Lego Space and Star Wars and Train fans have had it together in a major way, and we literally NEEDED something like CCC to come along and unify us!

Haha, while that sounds just a little dramatic, it's the truth. Before CCC, all great castle ideas were on such a personal level, and while occasionally a great MOC got showcased on Lugnet or we ran across one browsing Brickshelf, there was nothing like this place.
Harbourmaster's Office
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/4033675 ... 8cb1_t.jpg[/img]
(More at Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/8273684@N02/4033675910/[/url])
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Wow! Amazing work! Thanks for getting the site together for us!
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Cool. TYhis site is the greatest. As Sir T wrote .Thanks
Space rocks.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

This has got to be my all time favorite lego castle site.
Thanks! :D
Alan
good times
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I am also very happy with this milestone. It is really nice to see classic castle become very active and popular. A big thank you to all of the castle fans out there! :D

Ben E.
Sets Admin
brian
Freeman

Post by brian »

Congrats to everyone who helped bring this site to life! I remember what we had to deal with before Classic-Castle and I am grateful to have it. It really is the focal point for our castle community. Thanks everyone!! Here's to 1,000,000.
" Black Falcon High football team rules!"
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

Congrats to the admin and all the CC Members, it's an honor to be a member of such a great website 8) . To the next 100,000 hits and beyond!
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

Hits as in visitors?
I mean, www.lowlug.nl has 13.000.000 hits, but I think since cc has a broader targetgroup it most likely generates more traffic than our "little" community site does ;)

Congrats!
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

All together now: HIP, HIP, HOORAY!! HIP, HIP, HOORAY!! HIP, HIP, HOORAY!! HIP, HIP, - I'm getting hoarse. :D This is a great site, as has been said already. It serves as a central "location" where Castle fans can meet and exchange ideas. Another important function is bringing in those LEGO fans that don't know what theme they like best. That describes me before I found C-C.com. I have enjoyed it very much and it has been a source of great information and inspiration.

Thanks a lot, Administration!
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Before finding this site, my best source for castle MOCs was adequate.com's castle links section. They only have 30 or so links, and a good portion of them are dead links now. This site is the second best thing that's happened to my hobby in a long time (after the re-release of Black Falcon's Fortress... I'm sorry, but that one takes the cake).
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Thanks to all the admins for spending so much time on this site. I know I personally would find it very difficult to devote so much time without it getting in the way of family and friends. Using multiple admins is a great idea, and works very well. Thanks!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I was a browser and occasional poster on Lugnet when the discussion of Castleworld and the possibility of a new castle site were being bandied about. I stayed out of that discussion, but I must say I have been pleased with the results. Classic-Castle has created a community and a sense of direction for the castle building community. The Admins of this site deserve the praise they get and I hope this site continues to be successful.

I know I'll always be around to add what I can. Mostly long winded speaches like this one. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.