Kingpeteri

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
Peasantpeteri
Laborer

Kingpeteri

Post by Peasantpeteri »

Anyways, why does no one reply to my messages I sent them? I have send 15 messages for a request and none of them want to reply or do it. I send you one message SavaTheAggie. :x I asked the admins to change my username to King Peter I. :x
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

First of all: do not post off-topically in a thread. This is strictly frowned upon, and while I'm not the one you need to petition for a name change, you should be glad of that, because I certainly would not be inclined to do so when you're both breaking the rules and taking a rather petulant tone. Neither will help your cause half so much as following the rules and behaving politely.

Secondly: I do not know who you've sent messages to, or in what manner you've done so, since I'm obviously not the person you need for this, but PATIENCE is clearly an important virtue for you to consider here. Without any idea what has already passed, it seems relatively obvious for me that the main reason you have not been replied to is that you're not giving the Admins enough time to respond. I can assure you that you are not being deliberately slighted whatever is going on. Either no one has had a chance to reply to your request, you've sent it through the wrong channels, or they're deliberating over a reply; but whichever it is, you're probably being much too quick to get so irate.

Thirdly, on the subject of name changes: this generally does not get approved. There are a couple cases where it has happened, but the Admins generally do not encourage such cases, so I would caution against getting your hopes up too much.

Obviously, I have split this from the off-topic thread and moved it to the proper forum.

~Michael A. Joosten - Moderator~
Peasantpeteri
Laborer

Post by Peasantpeteri »

I never asked them to reply. I have my own forum and changing a username takes at the most 2 min. Why can't SavaTheAggie or architect quickly change my username? All I want is to have it separate not together like now.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Because we have 2000+ members here, and if we do something for one, we have to do it for all, and I'm not willing to spend 66 hours (4,000 minutes, 2 minutes per member) changing usernames.

The greater question is why didn't you enter your username the way you wanted it in the first place? You only joined less than a week ago.

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I have also had some problems with the PM system here at CC. Two of my messages did not go through, but other than that, the system has worked pretty well.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Nice job in making King Peter I feel welcome guys.

As for your name, don't worry too much about it, Peter, it's still clear enough even without the spaces and capitals. And hey it looks kinda funny like this (in a good way! ;))
We all know changing a username isn't much work and doesn't take long. It's just against this forum's etiquette, I'm sure you as a forum owner yourself can respect that.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]