Classic-Castle Internet Price Guide

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Classic-Castle Internet Price Guide

Post by Teh Stud »

Since everybody is celebrating 500 users, I'd like to challenge the admins. (I think the site is excellent, and I thank the admins for the great content and ideas).

One of my favorite tools at From Bricks to Bothans is the Internet Price Guide:

http://www.fbtb.net/ipg/

Any chance something similar could be created for Classic-Castle? I would expect big clearances on the KK2 products in January/February, and this kind of tool would be quite beneficial. Anyone know who updates the FBTB Price Guide? Any admin up to doing this here for castle sets?

Congrats on 500.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi RedAxe,

All of fbtb.net is automated with .asp or .php files. Classic-Castle is gradually moving to this format. (We are currently using it for some of the contest pages) Once this is accomplished it will be relatively easy to make an internet price guide for castle sets. As the sets admin (among my many other duties in multiple areas of the site) I do not have the time to hand code and update prices of all the kk2 sets at dozens of vendors. But I do think your idea is a good one and hope to implement it in the future.

Ben E.
Last edited by architect on Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CC Sets Admin
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

architect wrote:Hi RedAxe,

All of fbtb.net is automated with .asp or .php files. Classic-Castle is gradually moving to this format. (We are currently using it for some of the contest pages) Once this is accomplished it will be relatively easy to make an internet price guide for castle sets. As the sets admin (among my many other duties in multiple areas of the site) I do not have the time to hand code and update prices of all the kk2 sets at dozens of vendors. But I do think your idea is a good one and hope to implement it in the future.

Ben E.
Cool! Glad to hear you know how they do it and have it on the drawing board. I would love to see other similar castle sets included, like Harry Potter and Adventurers. (Each are great for pieces).

As an aside, I would never have time to check and update prices, nor would I ever expect anyone else to! I figured the FBTB guide was automated somehow.... It would be pretty humorous to think that someone spends 4 hours a day updating. :lol: