Idea for avatars,

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Idea for avatars,

Post by adm_matthew »

I noticed alot of people have their avatar as the shields from Anthony's article, but they have yucky white backgrounds, my idea is to have all of the shields available in .gif format with a transparent background :)
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

One way to do it is simply fill in the blank space the same pale blue that C-C uses. Of course, the trick is matching the color (pause while I hit the preview button)...just a little off. I used R 200, G 215, B 252. If some kind soul knows the actual RGB values, let us know! :D

Ahhhh, the glory of editing your post. R 198, G 210, B 245. Closer, a touch too much red, but it's real close.

Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

Fixing the avatars is on the list of things to do. I do not recommend using the blue if you make your own avatar, as the colors used in the forums can be changed, and then your image won't match. The background should be made transparent.

The "problem" is that the background is white, and several of the shields also contain white, so simply making white transparent is not going to work. What needs to be done in photoshop is to add a background layer in a color that is not used in any of the shields to all of the images and then make that transparent. If someone wishes to work this out, great. Otherwise it will wait until I can get to it.

Honestly, I was glad to finally get the avatars working and just through thos up quickly so that we would have atleast something to choose from in the gallery.

Troy
Visit Troy's Surplus LEGO
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh