Sad News

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

It is April 2nd now and this thread will be locked. Check back next year for Classic-Fabuland.com or some other clever idea ;)

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Blueandwhite wrote:Things like this are more fun when they come across as being absolutely genuine. The content of the article was just a tiny bit too over-the-top for me. It would have been better if LEGO was launching the civil action without a) naming Lenny as the leak, or b) implicating the sale of trade secrets. The simple violation of the NDA is serious enough, but the implied dealings with Mega Bloks sounds downright silly. Still, April Fool's is always good for a few laughs.

Til next year,

Later fools (there's a little fool in all of us afterall :P ).
Hey, we tried. This article was actually born in truth. When I was once supping with some TLG peeps, I heard a story of a LEGO employee who got a copy of TLG's marketing strategy for the next two years right before quitting his job to go work at MegaBloks. So despite being pretty extreme, there was a basis for truth.
Wait. Didn't Lenny go to Florida State? This is totally believable then. I would expect something like this from a Seminole.
You sir, have lost your faith in Saint Bowden!

REPENT! And Saint Bowden may have mercy upon your heathen, Gator-loving soul!!

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~