Name issue

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
thecustomizerwithoutfear
Peasant

Name issue

Post by thecustomizerwithoutfear »

Hello Castle fans!

Some of you may remember me. You see when i joined a while back now I picked this name.

But now being recognized as Daredevil on many forums. I was hoping that it could be changed

Also being Moderator of MCN but people may reconize me more if I had Daredevil as my screen name.

If this cannot be done I am not bothered. Just a question.

See you all around.

Ben
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

And would be nicer, compact and all. For reasons of recognition and readability I'd say it's a good thing.
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

Recluce wrote:And would be nicer, compact and all. For reasons of recognition and readability I'd say it's a good thing.
But something many boardadmins don't do ;)
What if everyone wanted to change their name every 3 months? :?
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!
thecustomizerwithoutfear
Peasant

That is true stuifzand, But I have a valid reason no? :)

This could be a one of thing, but then again many have probably asked before, and for them to have recieved a no, and me to possibly get a yes. It would not be very fair.

Rec : Thanks for the back up.

Ben
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

This decision is usually left up to Troy and Tony who help manage the forums. In a case like this where you do not have many posts, you could re-register with a different email. Later we could delete your old account.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
thecustomizerwithoutfear
Peasant

Okay that sounds like a better idea Ben, So that I will do.
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

architect wrote:This decision is usually left up to Troy and Tony who help manage the forums. In a case like this where you do not have many posts, you could re-register with a different email. Later we could delete your old account.

Ben
When you delete an account it removes their posts too, so some continuity in topics would be lost. Also, how is it easier to create a new account than changing a name? And it's not like a lot of users ask to change names.

DD, PM Tony or Troy, you might get a faster response going direct to the source.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Recluce wrote: When you delete an account it removes their posts too, so some continuity in topics would be lost. Also, how is it easier to create a new account than changing a name? And it's not like a lot of users ask to change names.

DD, PM Tony or Troy, you might get a faster response going direct to the source.
Actually it does not delete that person's old posts. They just lose the ability to make new posts. Of course you do not get the higher post count transferred to the new account.

Ben
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

A name-change has been done at least once before. "Sir Kohran" used to be "SKM from BZPower". It was the same account after as before- just name-changed especially by Tony/Troy.

Mind you, they did say that it was a special exception, but precedent does exist for the possibility of a name-change- to the pre-existing account.
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

Once I asked Troy to change my nick to "Kevoh" so that it would be consistent across the internets and so that people wouldn't get the nick "Bricksidge" and my last name "Blocksidge" confused anymore.

He said no. And I'm an admin, for goodness sake! Anyway... good luck convincing Troy :-P
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Formendacil wrote:A name-change has been done at least once before. "Sir Kohran" used to be "SKM from BZPower". It was the same account after as before- just name-changed especially by Tony/Troy.

Mind you, they did say that it was a special exception, but precedent does exist for the possibility of a name-change- to the pre-existing account.
Yes, it was done in my case, and I'm very grateful to Troy for letting me become a bit more than just a deluded Bionicle fanboy. But as has been said, it wasn't just out of kindness - it really needed to be changed...and by then, I had a fair amount of posts which I did not want to lose, but also I was still not quite 'known' in the forums, so I guess it was just the quickest, easiest thing all around for Troy to do. It was just a very special case...not a rule, by any means.