Global Village...

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Devari
Journeyman

Global Village...

Post by Devari »

A New Theme idea...

A theme that is filled with figures of all racial backgrounds and ages that work toward common goals and celebrate both their unity and culture. A theme that uses figures that have obvious visual differences teach understanding and acceptance. A theme that shows celebration of culture but also shows how people of all colours can be friends and work together.

Anti-Racism groups would love the LEGO group. :)

Since we have these skin tones alreasy, this isn't exactly a radical idea...
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

That's not a bad idea. I don't think I would buy a set like that, but, as you said, it could please many peoples.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Good idea, but I don't think many kids will want that set. I would please everyone though, but LEGO has never really had a racism problem since back then they were limited to colors and just wanted to keep it consistent. By the way, no one is yellow, so it hasn't caused any concerns. Like I said, good idea.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Sir Terrance wrote:Good idea, but I don't think many kids will want that set. I would please everyone though, but LEGO has never really had a racism problem since back then they were limited to colors and just wanted to keep it consistent. By the way, no one is yellow, so it hasn't caused any concerns. Like I said, good idea.
They had a problem, they were just clueless about it.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]