Collectable Figs Future Suggestions (Updated and Organized)

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
RotsiserMho
Peasant

Re: Collectable Minifigures v.3 Suggestions

Post by RotsiserMho »

Bricket seems to think we can talk about it now :)

*Link removed* PLEASE review CC's TOS about leak images. Thank you.
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Are we still using this thread to dream about future releases? If so, here's a list I came up with today. I set myself a few guidelines:

1. If it could be expected to come up in an ongoing theme, it's not necessary. As much as I like LEGO wizards, we already have a few of them on the playing field at present.
2. There should be potential for interesting accessories, ideally brand-new molds and/or prints. "Accessories" in this case usually means handheld objects, but headgear and bodywear can also count.
3. It should be able to fit into one of the five categories I identified (see this thread)--Professionals, Athletes, Artists/Performers, Historical Folks, or Fantastic Characters.

Without further ado, then--my wish list!

* A Greek philosopher (to go with the Spartan) holding a scroll
* Marching band player with a bass drum
* Acrobat, preferably female--think spangled leotard and long balancing pole, to go with the other circus performers
* Aztec warrior
* Golfer (mostly for the hat)
* Jockey--this would be another good pick for a female fig, and should have short legs
* Jazz musician--saxophone!
* Frontiersman--think Davy Crockett, with a coonskin cap and a rifle
* Movie star--big hair, slinky gown, fat feather boa (the life vest could be a good basis for the design of this piece) and a repurposed gold trophy statuette as an Oscar
* Opera singer--Almost, but not quite, a female counterpart to the Viking
* Lab technician with test tube
* Surgeon with scalpel
* Banker--either modern or 19th Century style
* Paperboy--ditto
* Ghost--not like the Fright Knights-era ones with the full covering shroud, but more like Peeves in the Harry Potter line, with visible facial features
* Fairy
* Psion, with an enlarged head achieved with a headgear piece like the Frankensbtein Monster
* Gypsy
* Maharajah
* Geologist/fossil hunter, with a hammer and either a new color of crystal or an interesting bone
* Female elf
* Swamp Monster--a fishman or seaweed creature
* Tourist in a Hawaiian shirt with a camera and a hideous Panama hat. (This is the only on that breaks Guideline #3 above.)
* Highlander with a claymore (not the explodey kind), blue face paint optional

Wow...that went on a bit, didn't it?

EDIT: With so many of our suggestions having been fulfilled already, or due to be fulfilled in a future set, maybe the mods could sticky this thread and convert the first post to a checklist. Some brave soul could comb through the whole thing and make a definitive list of the suggestions, omitting any duplicates, and then as items on the list come true, they could be put in bold text.
pijani
Artisan

Post by pijani »

I would like to see some dark fantasy figures, i.e. knights that fight on the side of evil ;) their armor, shields, helmets and weapons would make me so happy ;)

Also, wings, with some angle between them; Angel would be ideal for minifig series 6
Ancient warrior - they have excuse to build what ever they like
Ancient wizard etc etc etc :)
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

Ye Olde Republic wrote:A butcher.
A baker.

wait for it........

A candlestick maker.
Rub-a-dub-dub... :eyebrows:
All of the typical medieval occupations should be represented, even if there isn't much discrepancy between them... A chandler like you mentioned, and perhaps a dairy farmer and an apothecary, a miner and a messenger? We need more torso's and I need village workers! Maybe a brigand figure would be cool.
8)
* Marching band player with a bass drum
Nah, how about some LOW-BRASS Baritone!
Last edited by Velliscig on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

I hope this thread hasn't been quiet too long to warrant resuscitation - it was still on the first page, after all. :wink:

Anyway, I was looking over the official LEGO Collectible Minifig Character Bios (You didn't know there were official LEGO Collectible Minifig Character Bios? Neither did I. I had to learn it from TvTropes, of all places), and I found something that may hint at an upcoming fig. On the Crazy Scientist's page, we learn that;
He's still looking for just the right creepy assistant, but he's sure that one will answer his ad soon.

Tentative? Speculative? So very much. But in retrospect, the hunchback assistant/Igor type is one of the classic monster movie characters still unused in the Collectible line. Certainly "Creepy Assistant" sounds like it fits LEGO's naming scheme, and apparently we have at least two or three series' worth of minifigs unrevealed. I for one would definitely be interested in picking up at least one, if LEGO did make it.

I would also (just for the record) be interested in picking up Collectible Minifig versions of old-school divers, orc/goblin/'trolls", pirate captains, classic knight-in-shining-armor types, and black-mohawk-sporting "Tribal" types; as well as female versions of most of the above, or really many of the previously released non-sports minifigs. Lady Vampire would work well, as would a Cowgirl or Forestwoman. A female Werewolf would probably be pushing things; a "Bride of Frankenstein" almost definitely would. :lol:
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

I think a more modern looking Black Falcon has been long in coming, they got cheated out of so much... :( Also, a brown or red wizard would be nice, maybe with a new color of dragon? Also, a fairy. (For my siste's sake.)
I second the angel idea, btw.
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

An alpine climber. In lederhosen!
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

Karalora wrote:An alpine climber. In lederhosen!
This is an absolutely excellent idea. I'd like to see one of those big alpenhorns as an accessory.
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

RIII-COOOO-LAAAAAAA
That would be most excellent but definately needs to come with the alpenhorn.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Believe it or not, I got that idea because I was telling my sister that we were well on our way to having at least one collectible minifig for every pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase. Germany is one of the missing ones. The thought process went Germany--lederhosen--alpine climber.
Dr.Cogg
Laborer

Post by Dr.Cogg »

1# Black Knight, 2# Evil Queen ,3# A male Sorcerer, 4# Creatures like in Heroica ,5# Vampire Hunter ,6# Warrior Princess ,7# A Ghost ,8# Igor ,9# A Gargole ,10# Troll Brute, 11# Pirate Captain, 12# Barbarian, 13# Anime Hero, 14# A Bumb, 15# A Monk, and number sixteen ............... Gabriel/Dracula from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow :o ............ Just Kidding :lol: .
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Re: Collectable Figs Future Suggestions (Updated and Organized)

Post by Athos »

After looking at the whole list, I've got to ask who the *&#% is Barney McKenna? And I'd also like to add Mariachi musician.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

I have no idea who Barney McKenna is, but he was in someone's post so I threw him in the list.

And we already have a Mariachi musician--the dude with the poncho and maracas from Series 2.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney_McKenna

Barney McKenna is a musician.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Cool. Thanks. (I guess I could have looked him up myself, but organizing the list already felt kind of overwhelming.)

So I guess that entry should be changed to "Banjo player/Barney McKenna" or something along those lines.