LEGO Advanced Dugeons & Dragons sets

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Phatmiata
Serf

LEGO Advanced Dugeons & Dragons sets

Post by Phatmiata »

Okay we've had Skeletons, Trolls, Wizards, Dragons, Knights, Ninjas, Rangers, and Lord of The Rings. So when can we see some LEGO Dungeons & Dragons sets?!?!?

Please make some LEGO D&D sets !!!
boses
Man-At-Arms

Re: LEGO Advanced Dugeons & Dragons sets

Post by boses »

I whole wholeheartedly agree, a dedicated licensed fantasy theme would be awesome!!!
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Can I disagree without enraging you two? I'm pretty sure that LOTR was a flop for sales. If you consider PoP castle (and I do) it was also a flop for sales. Neither considered the target audience's age range. Sure us older TFOL's and AFOL's liked them pretty great.

But kids and parents...not so much. Would D&D sell to kids? Because that is the determining factor. And unfortunately lately any non-licensed line seems to have to be connected to a tv show. SO...can we please just have normal castle sets and suggest d&d type figs in the collecti figs as a compromise?

Or even better...it would have a great chance as a LEGO Ideas, that is exactly how we got LEGO Minecraft. It started as an Ideas set..the very first to be exact...and look what happened. Make a set, post it on all D&D websites..get them to vote..and voila up for consideration!
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I agree. Though I liked the LotR line a lot.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Dungeons and Dragons would probably work best as a LEGO Ideas set. Personally I prefer in house designed themes over licensed themes. The licensed lines do add quite a bit in terms of new elements, colors, fig design, etc which TLG used to add to their in house themes in the 1980's and 1990's.

Ben
Phatmiata
Serf

Post by Phatmiata »

architect wrote:Dungeons and Dragons would probably work best as a LEGO Ideas set. Personally I prefer in house designed themes over licensed themes. The licensed lines do add quite a bit in terms of new elements, colors, fig design, etc which TLG used to add to their in house themes in the 1980's and 1990's.

Ben

Probably right, guess we need to design one then. Christmas break is here, time to get out the spare parts and build..........

Maybe we can all share some ideas here for a set? What minifigs and parts would you like to see? I personally would like another castle, or tower or such with some cool mini-figs and hard to get parts to make it worthwhile. Probably would be easier to get started if we don't use the AD&D name though, less worries about licenses
Phatmiata
Serf

Post by Phatmiata »

got some gray parts pulled out, lets do something hahaha

[img]http://i.imgur.com/vFiC5n0.jpg[/img]