About your new 2004 castle product

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
David Girard
Journeyman

About your new 2004 castle product

Post by David Girard »

edited

I'm terribly disappointed about the way Lego become since 10 years. I always hope for a better future, but year by year, i'm much disappointed than previous one. I always been a big fan of Lego Castle, and now, I'm telling you that i'll stop buying your new product if it's continue in this way.

Lego as always been consider as a quality product. Now you are going to lost your market because Lego is no more considered as a quality product. Now it's consider as an expensive product. Quality is much more important than quantity. Did you forget that ?

Please, invest in Quality, like you did in the past.
Last edited by David Girard on Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: About your new 2004 castle product

Post by footsteps »

David Girard wrote:Kids and adults who love your "bionicle scale" knights kindgom will have to buy "minifig scale" castle sets.
David,

You may be jumping the gun here. While it's possible that the way the Galiknights and the regular sets are sold is as you're assuming, it's not yet been conclusively determined.

The presence of two large shields in one of the sets is indicative, but not conclusive. As best can be seen of the other sets, none of the others contain other large shields. Sure, perhaps they're hidden inside the sets, but until we see the "guts" of them it's only speculation.

A benign interpretation is that the shields are merely decoration for the duel.

Of the sets presented, the most promising from a parts perspective are the 'rope bridge' and the 'obstacle course' sets.

I'm not about to start 'saving my pennies' for when these sets come out (I'd rather haunt BL), but I'm also withholding judgement until more is (solidly) known, rather than speculated.

So, don't burn your bridges prematurely. It's still early yet.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

You are true. Nothing is confirmed.

I just hope it will not be as I said.
I'll wait to see, and after I could make my mind. :wink:
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

The only reason I'd buy any of those sets are for the minifigs, and certain parts like the new bardings, horsehelms, and obivously the shields.

Im not too much of a facist when it comes to juding sets. Heck I've bought SW minis just to get certain parts like 3x3 brown radar dishes which I use for Arabian cavalry shields.
Besides who says any of the stuff we have to build only has to stick to Europe or even in the middle-ages period, or even historical for that matter?

Romans, Greeks, Babylonians, Chinese, Egyptians and others have all built some kind castle-like fortification lllooonnnggg before castles in medieval europe were built. Take the Egyptian Migdol for example.
http://nefertiti.iwebland.com/building/ ... ions_2.htm

Can you say: Tan Bricks? :wink:

Anyhow, I have this odd feeling that this is Lego's way of trying to correct a mistake. They're making Power Ranger-like theme with those multi-colored outfits of the knights, since MegaBloks got the Power Ranger license while Lego wasted money and resources on Galidor. At least power rangers is still popular with some kids, and even teens watch that show; not to mention babe-a-licious 18 to 25 yr old actresses :lol: . Galidor = garbage.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
jtherlow
Villein

Post by jtherlow »

I always hope for a better future, but year by year, i'm much more disappointed than previous one.
Tell me about it. And to think I was born into this sad chapter of Lego history. :( Now All I do is buy old castle sets on BL and eBay. I haven't bought any of the LEGO castle sets made in the last 5 years. Although, the new KK is nice, because we have something other than Harry Potter to work with. :wink:
What the world needs now is Lego, sweet Lego.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

I always hope for a better future, but year by year, i'm much more disappointed than previous one.
Oj oj oj (sorry for the swedish, can´t find a bettter expression) a wise man is speaking!

I still have´nt recovered from the chock of ´97 when I first layed eyes on the evil one-toothed witch VS. Medieval(?) Batman...GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH..it´s all coming back to me..the Witches flying "Ship", the helm of the Batlord...and some time later, TIMECRUISERS, oj oj oj :(

But, as you say, let´s hope fore better times... without knights that dare go to battle with monkeys in their shields :D

Oh, and by the way, Power rangers was a favorite TV-show to me about the same time as LEGO had it´s first golden age with me (arround 93) , in a way they finaly meet! he he (no smiley here since this is in no way funny, just a sarcastic laugh.)
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

LEGO is probably doing this so that when kids play with their LEGO, these large court jesters- I mean knights :lol: will be more poseable and movable for kids to play with, other then LEGO figs who can't move their elbows, knees and other parts.