I'm willing to/Sometimes I use Megabloks in my MOCs
27%
Never! Pure Lego!
73%

Total votes: 45

Skudmunky
Laborer

Post by Skudmunky »

I NEVER use those evil clone bricks in my LEGO creations! My freind was once building a megablok set (gotten by his grandmother for his birthday, he had no choice in the matter) and, while building, one of the peices snapped in half...
[url=http://www.skudfilms.hayden31.com]Skudmunky: the one and only.[/url]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

NO. I once bought a MB set at 50% off. The bricks are terrible,three warriors broke within a day,and besides the dragon that came with it, the set was a terrible nightmare. It was a pain to put together. It was that ManOwar one or something. I will never use MB in my mocs. I'm thinking of selling the one set I have
Space rocks.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sell it if you can, Forester, but its probably not worth a Flying Lesson, even if it was in pristince condition. Which, as I understand, it isn't. :lol:
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Never! In fact, if a find a Mega Block brick or any other brick besides LEGO in my creations I immediately remove it even if it means breaking down the entire creation.

Sorry, that's just the way I am.
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

I am going to by a Dragons set, use the wepons and make the heads fit on lego guys, I have like 5 castle guys so when I do that I will have 8 or so.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
brian
Freeman

Post by brian »

I do use MB in my castle creations. Not really the MB bricks but the Vorgan figures. I wanted to create an orc army and nothing I did in LEGO came out right. So that's when my MB addition started. I use all Lego bricks in every building but I love having arealistic looking Orc army. So LEGO still rules, but MB picked up where LEGO fell short.
" Black Falcon High football team rules!"
legodude101
Peasant

Post by legodude101 »

Sometimes ,but that's not good for them because they usually get burned, hanged or quartered :twisted:
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

I would not like to use megabloks, but unlike all you professionals, My lego is stored in a tub. I was given a MB bulk box when I was too young to tell the difference, ant the Bloks are now mixed in with my regular lego, and It would be futile to try to remove them. :(
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I've used some M******ks before, thought now I find them really easily breakable and stupid.
P.S. Green Fox, it's Waterloo :)
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Ramus
Laborer

Post by Ramus »

I have and do currently use some megablocks in my creations. I have aquired them through bulk Lego purchases. I am however selective in which ones I use. I like the ones that match Lego near perfectly.

The bottom line is, you never have enough bricks and useing some off brand bricks is VERY understandable. :D

I have also purchased some of the Dragon Wars minifig tins to use for weapon & modding pieces. But the included bricks are useless for using with Legos.
They do however make some cool terrain for my Brik Battles game.

-- Ramus
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

So there's not much new left to say on this topic besides another echo of the word "NO!"

The very very few pieces (Just normal bricks) I have found when I've got pieces from other places (Garage sale type stuff) I go through carefully, and usually wash, and remove all the non-lego elements.

So, the simple answer: Not a chance.
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Daimyo wrote:P.S. Green Fox, it's Waterloo :)
I saw that the other day, and couldn't figure out if it was a joke or just ignorance, but whatever it is, IMO, it's far funnier that way.

Sorry for the off-topic post. :oops:

Cm2
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Re: Do You Use Megabloks in Lego Creations?

Post by Brickninja »

I despises Mega bloks, I would never use one of these repulsive clones in my MOCs...except to show some Lego figures executing a MB fig!! :P
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Okay so since this thread was dead for TEN years...okay ten years and 4 days exactly...

This is one of those moments where as a staff member, I just have to ask "why?" We frown on necroposting and this one might just be the biggest one I've seen. In a thread that, well to be honest if anyone dares to build with MEGA or whatever clone they chose to well...we tend not to exactly be nice to them...and we have locked threads like this before because we are a LEGO fan website.

So can we please let this thread die...it was doing so good at dying on its own.

And please remember...a thread that is old, probably isn't relevant or worth dragging back out of the depths of the hole in which it went to die in the first place.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Post by Brickninja »

Ok, sorry. I just found this old thread and thought I should a bar my input , but maybe I should stick to recent threads. Should I not post on really old threads, I wasn't aware that was bad?