Build Your Own Lego Knights Realm, Book review

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Lil_Curt
Steward

Build Your Own Lego Knights Realm, Book review

Post by Lil_Curt »

Ok so I have been asked to give my thoughts on this Book. so here we go...

http://www.amazon.com/Build-Your-Lego-K ... ight+realm

When I first open this book it becomes apparent to me this is geared exclusively towards TFOL's, and AFOL's. The book is 400 pages of Building instructions with a few photos sprinkled throughout of actual models on display. It has many good techniques shared, and the build instructions seem to have been created in LDD, and seem clear and concise and fairly easy to follow. I really like that at the end of every build there is a parts breakdown with, Color, Part #, and quantity of each Piece. As well there are several scales covered in this book from micro fig, minifig to Lego Land Miniature Scale. I feel the Authors did a good job showing a multitude of things that can be built upon in your own realm.

Now to What I like, I like the build of the "Weirwood Tree" an the Brick built "Dragon" in the Game of Thrones section. I like the Coach Build from the robin hood section. As well as all the builds of interior furniture towards the end. Also The Main part of this book is of course the Castle Keep. I love that they show this particular castle as a modular build up as opposed to one Giant build. It breaks the castle up into manageable builds of wall sections, tower sections, gate house with draw bridge etc. The castle section it self is 100 pages!

Now what I don't like, you ask? I wish more photos of the actual builds were present. How ever that's it :) Some of the Builds in this book are not for me, but there are good techniques found in all the builds.

So Final thoughts, If your looking for a good book to reference building techniques, different scales, or are looking for something to help give you a plan to build upon for your castle; then I highly recommend this book. If you just want a bunch of pretty pics like the Lego Ideas Books, then this book isn't for you.

Overall I am Very pleased with this book and am glad to have it on my shelf. If you have any questions just ask :wave:

Curt

P.S. Due to copyright I Will NOT, post pictures of the pages of this book. Sorry

Also Admin, if this is the wrong section for this please move and let me know.
Last edited by Lil_Curt on Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
Redav
Artisan

Re: Build Your Own Lego Knights Realm, Book review

Post by Redav »

Cool, thanks for that. I've just flicked it to the wife as a birthday suggestion for me :)

I also noticed that one of the authors is Lutz Uhlmann. I've bought from his store several times so it's nice to see a familiar name but a shame to hearthe difficulties he's had.
Team Jesus

[url=http://www.brickset.com/search/?ownedBy=redav]My Brickset List[/url]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/redavthe1st/]My Flickr Photostream[/url]