Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Potential LEGO Portal theme, or maybe Ideas set returned?

Discussion of general LEGO topics

Potential LEGO Portal theme, or maybe Ideas set returned?

Postby Bruce N H » Mon May 11, 2015 5:27 pm

Hey all,

As I noted here, LEGO Dimensions will have a Portal 2 expansion pack. This, of course, raises the question - is there a LEGO Portal theme or at least a couple of additional sets in the works? Certainly the growing number of Minecraft sets has shown that LEGO sees a theme based on a video game as being viable. Is it possible that this will resurrect the Thinking with Portals Cuusoo set? That one reached 10,000 votes a couple of years ago, but was not chosen as a set. It is at least possible that the reason for rejection had to do with licensing issues. Now, presumably, a license deal has been worked out. OTOH, the little robot thing in the expansion pack (sorry, I'm not a gamer, so I don't know it's proper name) doesn't look much like the one in the Cuusoo set, so if LEGO creates a new set or sets it may be completely independent of the Cuusoo set. Note the two new molds on the gun thing, which is suggestive of a new set or even theme.

Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Re: Potential LEGO Portal theme, or maybe Ideas set returned

Postby Justin M » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:49 pm

That Portal gun is very neat. :spin:
Flickr Mocpages Brickshelf
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23
Justin M
Sheriff

Return to General LEGO