Do you plan on painting the KK2 knights?

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Do you plan on painting the KK2 knights?

Post by Sir Terrance »

Like the title says or are you going to leave them and have an army of blue, purple, red and green knights?
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Re: Do you plan on painting the KK2 knights?

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Sir Terrance wrote:Like the title says or are you going to leave them and have an army of blue, purple, red and green knights?

I don't intend to get tons of them, so I don't have a problem with having some green knights and some red knights. Armor was often painted (though, just as now, Real Men wore Black). I already have some white, blue, red, and green helmets mixed in with my gray/black visors.

Purple I don't know about. I can't see a self-respecting knight ever wearing that particular shade, but I'll reserve judgment on that.

Barbie Blue? That whole experiment with Rub'n Buff was inspired by the Barbie Blue color. No Barbie Blue will survive unscathed in my presense.

I'll have to decide about the prints they put on the armor. It may be time to lay in a stock of Brasso.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Most certainly not. Appropriate colours will become knights, other colours will probably be donated to my space collection, as laser armor.

Cm2
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

porschecm2 wrote:Most certainly not. Appropriate colours will become knights, other colours will probably be donated to my space collection, as laser armor.

Cm2
You most certainly will not paint your armor, or you will most certainly not leave your knights in all those colors? :D

I take it you meant both.

Fairly answered - if you can adapt it to something else, great!
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

If I decide to paint any of my armor/figs, these will be the ones I paint. On the other hand, aside from the visors, I really don't mind these too much.
As for the 'Barbie blue' armor, steel was often 'blued' by applying heat to it, giving it a highly desirable blue tint, so I think this one might actually be salvagable.
Last edited by doctorsparkles on Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Aside from the black helmets, I will be selling all the new helmets on bricklink, I just don't like them. The green armor will remain as is, but the knight will have a black visor and black torso, legs and arms. The red armor will remain as is, but the knight will have a light gray visor. , light gray torso, arms and legs. The black armor will be brassoed. I will likely paint and rub 'n buff the purple and barbie blue knights. I will be selling all the Master of the universe swords as well. I'll also be putting the brasso to the black barding to get rid of the scorpion, and at least brasso one whole barding so I can have a fully black knight. I may even paint a horse helmet to complete the look. Like many others I am very dissapointed in this line and I will likely never buy more than one or two of the cheap ones. The larger sets I might buy to part out if they hit the big discounts.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:
porschecm2 wrote:Most certainly not. Appropriate colours will become knights, other colours will probably be donated to my space collection, as laser armor.

Cm2
You most certainly will not paint your armor, or you will most certainly not leave your knights in all those colors? :D

I take it you meant both.

Fairly answered - if you can adapt it to something else, great!
I try my hardest to stay away from modifying pieces. The most I'll ever do to an official pieces is put new printing/painting/decal/stickers on a face, torso, or legs. But I figure odd coloured armor won't be entirely out of place in Star Wars/Space. :)

Cm2
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

No, I will keep the knights with their original colors. I'll part them out and distribute the body parts and armor for my Ancients soldiers. :P
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Anonym0us
Villein

Post by Anonym0us »

I have no use for any of the colours (except black) so I'll either sell them or paint them.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Hello! I am going to use most of the J.B knights as prisoners. Dont paint the precious armor!
Alan
good times
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

But purple armor isn't precious. :wink:
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I'm none to sure. I'll wait to see when I havew them in hand. Bedsides, any that I just can't assimilate will go to my kids. Close enough to be reaquired should the need come. :shock:
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens