Custom Pike

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
porschecm2
Councilor

Custom Pike

Post by porschecm2 »

This is my first try at a custom pike. Let me know what you think, and how it could be better. Already on the list are to perhaps make the handle brown, and blade more metal looking, but I thought a Lego-ish colour might be nice too...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porsc ... ike1.1.jpg

Cm2
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Very nice!!

I like it a lot already, but perhaps some pictures of it alongside a minifig will be even better? is it stable enough to be held by a minifig?

As for the color, I personally like it the way it is because, as you said, keeping it in one color makes it more Lego-ish. That's how I like my weapons, too, but then this is your pike, so you decide!! :wink:

Look forward to seeing more stuffs from you in the future.

R. B.
visit my website: www.redbeanstudio.net
Anonym0us
Villein

Post by Anonym0us »

Looks really good! And as RB said keep it as is.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

It looks a lot like a Chinese Kwan-Po or "Long Army Lance". nice work btw.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Awesome, I am making a pike and am making the handle out of a ear cleaner, and cutting off the fuzzy parts. The stick is perfectly straight, paints easy, and fits quite well in a mini-figs hands. You just need to put some tape around the place where the mini will be holding it. Then I just make the head of the pike with sculpty. I just need some sand paper before I can finish and show you.
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Thanks. The weapons is actually quite sturdy, and though I wouldn't recommend it for heavy play, it can stand up to be used. The reason I didn't have any pictures of it with a minifig yet is because the paint was hardly dry, and it still needs a glooss cote to keep the paint from rubbing off on the minifgis hands. The handle is made from sprue, which just happens to fit a minifigs hands. The ring at the top is also made from a thicker sprue. The blade itself is made from a CDR that didn't burn properly. And if you've ever tried cutting/breaking a CD you'll know why it's sturdy. It's all held together both with plastic model glue and super glue. I'll probably work on it more today, and maybe some other weapons as well.

Cm2
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

That is great work! Period. How historically accurate is it and what were you going by when you made it?
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

cool!! I t kind of looks like the Uruk-Hai Pikes in The Two Towers. Look forward to seeing more pics and other weapons :D .
Space rocks.
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Thanks. I, umm...wasn't going by anything when I made it. :oops: I just kinda drew something that looked kool, and went with it. :wink:

Cm2