Custom Helmets

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
forester3291
Merchant

Custom Helmets

Post by forester3291 »

I am not purist by any means because I used to cut stuff up. Now I regret it. So. Do any of you have any ideas on how to make custom helmets for knights without cutting, painting, or using any other m ethods that I may regret later. I don't have many castle helmets. Maybe 30 and I want more. Any I deas are welcome.
Space rocks.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Re: Custom Helmets

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

forester3291 wrote:I am not purist by any means because I used to cut stuff up. Now I regret it. So. Do any of you have any ideas on how to make custom helmets for knights without cutting, painting, or using any other m ethods that I may regret later. I don't have many castle helmets. Maybe 30 and I want more. Any I deas are welcome.
That by definition would be a MOC, not a Castle Customs. This is the demense of slicers and dicers! :twisted:

I use the small "robin hood" feathers in the side sockets of the "roman" helmet to create Frazetta-style horns. Gives me a choice of colors and looks more imposing than the standard Lego-issue horns.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

So this post should be in MOCS instead of CUSTOMS? And what I ment by custom helmets I ment. Using non-castle helmets to look like castle helmets. Thanks though :D
Space rocks.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Just go to ebay there is always huge lots of helmets going for cheap. :D
Alan
P.S I am homeschooled to!
good times
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

This helmet is from the Rock Raiders. Its appearance is similar to the helmets used by Ancient Chinese cavalrymen. I based it off the Mulan movie (by Disney) which also has the same helmet form as the ones found on a computer strategy & war game called Fate of the Dragon.

Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Brickboy wrote:Just go to ebay there is always huge lots of helmets going for cheap. :D
Alan
P.S I am homeschooled to!
I can't buy any legos at this moment(Don't have the funds). Thanks JPinoy. I don't have any of the rockraiders helmets though :cry: I want tp get alot more helmets. I'm gonna try and build up my collection in the years to come. Homeschooled eh?
Space rocks.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

My friend got thirty black viking helmets for like $8.00, so start saving. :D
Alan
good times
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

You should try making some out of scuplty. Or you could buy any helmet cheaply somewhere and then modify that.
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

People got way off-topic in this thread. I deleted the irrelevant posts. Please try to stay on topic better.
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Sir Terrance wrote:You should try making some out of scuplty. Or you could buy any helmet cheaply somewhere and then modify that.
Nope. I can't buy anything right now so I cant do that. What I'm trying to say is. Without buying anything how can I chang space helmets and such into something castleish.
Space rocks.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

You can't, unless you modify one, or make a visor or whatever with sculpty. Sculpty is only like $2 USD and you get a fair amount. I am sure you can buy at least that.
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Brickboy wrote:My friend got thirty black viking helmets for like $8.00, so start saving. :D
Alan
What viking helmets?

Back on topic, I sudgest you use Hair. On most soldiers, hair looks just fine. I don't have a helmet isue, because my japanese troops have radar dish-helms. Sorry I couldn't be more help..
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Barbapple wrote:
Brickboy wrote:My friend got thirty black viking helmets for like $8.00, so start saving. :D
Alan
What viking helmets?

Back on topic, I sudgest you use Hair. On most soldiers, hair looks just fine. I don't have a helmet isue, because my japanese troops have radar dish-helms. Sorry I couldn't be more help..
Viking helmets as in the black helmets with nose guard. The ones BFs usually use :D back on topIC. I know what you mean Sir T. Guess I'm stuck for a few months without a bunch of helmets :cry:
Space rocks.