Custom faces torsos and lots more

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
forester3291
Merchant

Custom faces torsos and lots more

Post by forester3291 »

Look at this. http://stores.ebay.com/eBRICKz_W0QQcolZ ... ayZ2QQtZkm Ho does he do it. I looks so real. I fany of you know this guy lets talk to him. Learn his secrets. This stuff is awsome
Space rocks.
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

I've stated before that this "guy" is actually several people,
who will not share any tips/secrets on what they do.

They've been known to get down-right nasty about it. :evil:

There are, fortunately, other people who can and have done
very similiar work out there. And they're willing to tell you
anything about it, or even make something for you for a very
low cost compared to "eBrickz" high prices.

Try this for starters -
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=42

If you don't see anything you want, email the guy.
He's been known to do requests.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Wow those guys are good. Just as good as ebricz and better priced. Thanks Blasterman
Space rocks.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I don't really see anything different than what we know how to do. All it is are stickers and a good use of parts. Nothing special.
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

Nothing special.
Bingo. I couldn't have said it any better.

Bravo, Sir Terrance.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Sir Terrance wrote:I don't really see anything different than what we know how to do. All it is are stickers and a good use of parts. Nothing special.
True. But they look like reall legos. They don't really look like stickers to me. You have to admit if they were less money you would buy some.
Space rocks.
canadais2cool
Villein

Post by canadais2cool »

Blasterman wrote:
Nothing special.
Bingo. I couldn't have said it any better.

Bravo, Sir Terrance.
but they are special. especially the orc, his head is the coolest head I've seen. Pretty pricey and I don't got $20 to spare.
Canada, Eh?
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I wouldn't buy any though. All he did was spend some time with Photoshop, got the colors to match perfectly, and used a good type of sticker paper that is thin and doesn't look like it is there. So, I would just make some myself, or see what Red Bean and Anthony have come up with. The colors may be a little off, but change the pigments a bit and walah! I think $20 would be way better spent buying a set of armor from Blasterman, or weapons from Red bean. That I see the price for, but for a sticker, you would get ripped off.
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Hi,

Take a look at these:

www.redbeanstudio.net/temp/decal_a.jpg

www.redbeanstudio.net/temp/decal_a.jpg

These heads and torsos are done by using water-slide decals with a special printer. I've been lately working on a project with Jared (Kaminoan) Burks, who's the master of such decals, and thanks to him I now understand how such decals work and have been learning to apply them onto customizing minifigs. See how the color matches perfectly and on the 2nd pic, I'm able to wrap the decal around the curve area of Aragorn's forehead? These effects (along with the metallic gold on Elrond and Gil-Gahad's coronas) are impossible to achieve by simply tinkering with the colors in photoshop, and with the limitation of a regular printer. But don't worry, once I know more, I'm always happy to share :wink: So stay tuned.

R. B.
visit my website: www.redbeanstudio.net
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Yeah Red Bean, thats what I'm talking about! Great work! :D
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Ok. They arn't the greatest. But I never said they were. I was just stating that they looked cool. Great stuff redbean. One thing though. The ARAGORN. If you could maybe get his beard to look more fuller it might look better. Just some construcive critcsm :wink: .
Space rocks.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Jeff and Isaac, aren't these ebrickz jokers the same ones selling your creations at tremendous markups, or new jokers? Their creations are good, but as pointed out nothing special to those of us here. The prices are otherworldly, however.

Isaac those heads look great! Faces are the new big area for customizers to master.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens