Do you modify Lego bricks?

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme

Do you modify Lego bricks?

Sure! I'll take a knife to the brick any day!
14%
Never! The brick must remain pure and unaltered!
51%
I have or would modify a brick, but not very often
35%

Total votes: 37

LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Ok - it took me awhile before i could find the part i wanted to show that i love to modify.

taking a xacto blade i pare this guy down.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4081b

what i get out of that is another 1*1 plate, and i am usually in short supply of those for some reason that i cant figure out, and a nice litte stud/stud connector.
if you put that little round thing on the bottom of an antenna, you can then attach a gemstone making an awesome staff.

freak
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Yes, I've cut off the bottom of the chrome silver sword hilts to make heavy Kampilans, cut of the axe blade from the halbeird to make cavalry pikes for Persian and Mongol horsemen, cut of the nose guards and cut grooves on the back part of the neck guard helmets for Arabian cavalry, and cut off the wings of batlord helmets to make ancient Greek helmets.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

LEGOFREAK wrote:Ok - it took me awhile before i could find the part i wanted to show that i love to modify.

what i get out of that is another 1*1 plate, and i am usually in short supply of those for some reason that i cant figure out, and a nice litte stud/stud connector.
if you put that little round thing on the bottom of an antenna, you can then attach a gemstone making an awesome staff.

freak
That is a really cool and creative idea. I run out of small plates all the time too. I have plenty of the piece you mention that I could turn into small plates. I can also see how great that staff can look. I've been trying to figure out a clean way to mount a gem on a pole to use as a staff.

With that said, I still won't do it. Something embedded in my person just won't let me cut Lego. :roll:
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Redaxe wrote:
LEGOFREAK wrote:Ok - it took me awhile before i could find the part i wanted to show that i love to modify.

freak
That is a really cool and creative idea. I run out of small plates all the time too. I have plenty of the piece you mention that I could turn into small plates. I can also see how great that staff can look. I've been trying to figure out a clean way to mount a gem on a pole to use as a staff.

With that said, I still won't do it. Something embedded in my person just won't let me cut Lego. :roll:

Come on. Y a have to take chances once and awhile. Just cut one and see if you like it. I might try your Idae LEGOFREAK it sounds very nice
Space rocks.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I was going to choose NO!Never!, but then I started thinking (sometimes the brain has to idle a while), and then I remembered that I did chop up an extra Podracer cable once, that I have painted various pieces, and that about 1/3 of my shields currently have stickers. So I went with Option 3, as I am generally to timid to modify (permanently) the vast majority of my pieces, and I own none of the typical tools of the trade.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

On just about any occassion I would not alter in any way, a lego brick. The only thing I would think about doing would be to paint a lego brick. I admire though, the people who are brave enough to do it. I'm just plain chicken.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

First of all, WELCOME TO CLASSIC-CASTLE!!!, Robin Hood.

I have never and probably will never alter a LEGO piece, brick or otherwise. The only altered pieces I have broke accidentally.

Now, a MEGABLOKS piece...
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

As I said before, Thanks. And I agree with you hole heartedly.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.