Do you modify Lego bricks?

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme

Sure! I'll take a knife to the brick any day!
14%
Never! The brick must remain pure and unaltered!
51%
I have or would modify a brick, but not very often
35%

Total votes: 37

Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

I personally will never modify a brick in any way. No knife, no brasso, nothing will touch my collection! How about you?
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

yes i cut my peices some times but not often so i cant vote any of the options. adnins add a some times but not ofthen. then i shall vote
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

I voted. NO. I would not cut up a brick. Now if your talking about all legos Weapons,heads,and such then. YES.
Space rocks.
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Yeah I agree there should be a inbetween option, or atleast the yes option be less radical.

However no matter what the options were I'd still vote NO! Never ever ever deface any LEGO! :lol:
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

forester3291 wrote:I voted. NO. I would not cut up a brick. Now if your talking about all legos Weapons,heads,and such then. YES.
I was thinking about everything. Do you mean everything, or just bricks?

--Caleb
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I would only use brasso, but that isn't really modifying, it is just getting ugly patterns off.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Sir Smittens wrote:
forester3291 wrote:I voted. NO. I would not cut up a brick. Now if your talking about all legos Weapons,heads,and such then. YES.
I was thinking about everything. Do you mean everything, or just bricks?

--Caleb
I was thinking of everything as well when I created the poll. If you'll cut a minifig, you're cutting a Lego brick in my eyes. :cry:
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Re: Do you modify Lego bricks?

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Redaxe wrote:I personally will never modify a brick in any way. No knife, no brasso, nothing will touch my collection! How about you?

"Igor, did you get the parts I asked for from the brick graveyard?"

"Yessssss, massssster."

-->ZAP<--cRaCkLe JolT

"It's alive!"

"It's alive, it's alive, it's alive!"

(sorry, saw Van Helsing with my son yesterday)
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

The only piece I have modified is cutting the neck protector from the crown piece to make a non military crown. I may modify more bricks in the future, but overall it is very unlikely.

Ben E.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Too bad this poll wasn't a little more clear. I have cut Weapons etc... for a long, long time. I have had no guilt about it, few people have the amount of surplus weapons I do. :D To consider everthing a "Brick" though means that my vote on the poll was the wrong one. I voted no even when the real answer should have been yes. I'd never deface a brick, but many parts need a little help when you are building armies.

And try to make your polls more clear in the future.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

wlister wrote:Too bad this poll wasn't a little more clear. I have cut Weapons etc... for a long, long time. I have had no guilt about it, few people have the amount of surplus weapons I do. :D To consider everthing a "Brick" though means that my vote on the poll was the wrong one. I voted no even when the real answer should have been yes. I'd never deface a brick, but many parts need a little help when you are building armies.

Will
Don't you think your comments are a little rude? The purpose of the polls is to have fun. You take this way too seriously.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I agree that it is hard to judge what polls mean exactly. But the title - do you modify LEGO bricks - I interpreted that as any LEGO element. I think people cut elements just as much as bricks and plates.

Ben E.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

architect wrote:I agree that it is hard to judge what polls mean exactly. But the title - do you modify LEGO bricks - I interpreted that as any LEGO element. I think people cut elements just as much as bricks and plates.

Ben E.
Thank you Ben.

I have always taken the term "brick" or "Lego brick" to mean ANY element produced by Lego. Obviously not everyone shares this meaning. I'm sorry for confusing anyone.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Redaxe wrote:

Will
Don't you think your comments are a little rude? The purpose of the polls is to have fun. You take this way too seriously.[/quote]

I didn't write it in a rude manner, the last comment was supposed to be a good humored jibe. Perhaps you took it too seriously, if you have read any of my other posts you will see that most offhand comments I make tend to have a bit of humor. Sorry if I offended. I had actually meant to put a wink at the end of that last line.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

I voted "no, never" before reading the thread. I took the meaning to be that of an actual brick(1x4, 2x3, plate, etc), and I would never modify or cut those in any way, not even brasso. Minifig are a different story, though. Weapons and such I will not touch, and I'll never take a knife to a Lego piece, but I will brasso some figs(though I'm trying to get away from that-makes more of a challenges using only official stuff).

Cm2