Custom Sculpt +

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Maybe it's my advanced age showing through, but what's Link? I've heard of (I think) Legend of Zelda as a game? Is this a custom job of characters from a video game?

What did you do to the quiver? It looks different, but I can't figure out what you've done, or why, but I'm not familiar with the game nor it's characters. A brown sword? The face and head peice are top notch.

Have you done other characters? From games or books, movies or the like? You may have found another niche. :wink:
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

What sort of materials do you use to make these things?

Sculpey, for this one at least.
What kind of prices do you charge for custom work like this?

Depends on the piece, but not much.
Great sculpt indeed!! And personally, I prefer v.2 over v.1.
Btw, have you had a chance to see my custom Link and Zelda torso on my website? I believe they'd compliment your headpiece fairly well:
www.redbeanstudio.net/figs/zelda.jpg
Thanks, Isaac. Like I said, it turned out better than I expected, but it could be better of course.
I have seen your torso - looks great, but I'll leave that up to my client to take care of.
At least until I make one for myself.
Since when did you do custom sculpts? Does price vary, or do you (generally) have a standard fee. I might be interrested...
I have done a few custom jobs for people, I just don't advertise it. Prices? Read above, email me with wants.
Excellent work, how long does it take to do something like this?
Not too long actually. About 1 hour or so, start to finish.
Is this a custom job of characters from a video game?
What did you do to the quiver? It looks different, but I can't figure out what you've done, or why, but I'm not familiar with the game nor it's characters. A brown sword? The face and head peice are top notch.
Have you done other characters? From games or books, movies or the like? You may have found another niche.
It is in fact "Link", from Zelda. Nothing was done to the quiver at all, except attaching a custom scabbard to it. You might want to look at the sword again, it's not brown.

This is a first for me(video game character), and I'm sure it won't be the last.

And thanks to everyone else for your comments.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Is the sculpey durable enough to be played with? If not, can you make it out of other materials without mass producing it?
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

Is the sculpey durable enough to be played with?
To a degree, yes. You'd be surprised how strong that stuff is, once it hardens. Painting it also adds to it's strength. Obviously you can't treat it like a piece of ABS plastic, but it can be played with.
Qwuff
Serf

Post by Qwuff »

Hey Jeff, it's obvious that the hood is sculpey, but is the sword sculpey, too?
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

Hey Jeff, it's obvious that the hood is sculpey, but is the sword sculpey, too?
Heck no. The sword is made from bits of my weapons.
Qwuff
Serf

Post by Qwuff »

Excuse my stupidity then. :P
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

Did you make tis for Qwuff from FBTB?
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.