New Custom Helmet & Axe

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Legolas
Foot Soldier

New Custom Helmet & Axe

Post by Legolas »

Hello all,

I thought I might drop by and show you all the helmet I've been working on,
plus maybe get some ideas on how to improve upon it.....

I know what your thinking, "Man those are some big horns.."
Let me just say they started off almost double that size...... :lol:

and before I forget
Here's my new Axe being moduled by Helmeir the Dwarf

Well let me know what you think...

Regards,
--Joey
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

I'm sure you know that I'm not a big fan of fantasy armour, but the helmet has potential. As you've stated, the horns are a bit on the "too large for the guy to hold his head up" side. But if you're going for a "supreme bad guy look", I think they will be fine.

I would, however, close off the front helmet gap and make it have nothing but two eye slits. That would really look cool, but that's me.

Oh, and the axe looks good too.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Hey, neat! Like B-man, I'm not a big fan of fantasy armor, but you did a great job. I really like Helmeir the Dwarf's helmet and axe.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

What did you use to make them? Your work looks very neat and clean, so I wonder if you scuplted them yourself, or made them from existing pieces?
Either way, good work.
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

The horned helm looks like a Fett helmet, with classic visor plume,
and the Lego tail pieces for the horns.

The axe looks like MB's stuff. Still cool though.

If I'm right, do I win anything? :P
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I like fantasy armor, but not Chaos-Warhammer way-too-heavy-and-spiky-and-huge armor. it's too unrealistic, even for fantasy. I like your helmet except for the horns, and the axe is really cool.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Again, I am another non-fan of fantasy armour, at least for the good guys (the bad guys can go all-out), but I really like these creations. Especially the helm. I would probably like it better without the horns, but its not half bad as it is. As for the scale issue, I shouldn't worry too much: most of the minifig accessories are oversized as it is. :D
Ramus
Laborer

Post by Ramus »

I personally like fantasy & enjoy customizing just as much. The helm is great, horns may be a tad bit too big. Not bad at all. (Gives me some ideas)

The axe is also great. I bought alot of the megablocks dragon wars sets for the potential of the weapons. :wink:

Your painting is very good.

-- Ramus
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

(drool) great job on the helment! :!: :shock:
I think it would be a great infintry helment with out the horns. Personally, I like it better without the horns, but still looks great.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

That is awesome! The helm is great, since I like fantasy armor, but don't like oversized chaos warhammer spiky, skully armor. Looks great. Like the paint job on the dwarfs beard too!
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

I'm sure you know that I'm not a big fan of fantasy armour, but the helmet has potential.
Coming from a master cuztomizer such as yourself, that means alot :D BTW any news on those custom jointed arms ?
I would, however, close off the front helmet gap and make it have nothing but two eye slits. That would really look cool, but that's me.
I'll definitely take that into consideration.. maybe even tackle that issue tonight...
Hey, neat! Like B-man, I'm not a big fan of fantasy armor, but you did a great job. I really like Helmeir the Dwarf's helmet and axe.
Thanx Much !! :D
The horned helm looks like a Fett helmet, with classic visor plume,
and the Lego tail pieces for the horns.

The axe looks like MB's stuff. Still cool though.

If I'm right, do I win anything?
Good Eyes Jeff, although If you ment one of
these.
I Think I'd let everyone here slap me, before I'd cut one of those baby's up..... I actually used some soft plastic I had Laying around, kinda funny that it looks almost like the Classic Visor plume... :wink:
I personally like fantasy & enjoy customizing just as much. The helm is great, horns may be a tad bit too big. Not bad at all. (Gives me some ideas) Your painting is very good.
Glad I can inspire..... and Thank You !!! :D
(drool) great job on the helment!
I think it would be a great infintry helment with out the horns. Personally, I like it better without the horns, but still looks great.
Thanx, I'll see what I can do bout those horns......
That is awesome! The helm is great, since I like fantasy armor, but don't like oversized chaos warhammer spiky, skully armor. Looks great. Like the paint job on the dwarfs beard too!
Thanx Much !!! I had originally wanted the beard to be darker, but I guess the way it turned out is good..