Green Hood

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Chancellor Erik wrote:Very cool, I plan to use that same technique in gray to paint the KK2 armor old light gray and all of my new gray bricks light gray too. It's a little labor intensive, but I'd give anything not to buy 10,000 new gray bricks just to get one lousy wall section to match in color.

I don't think you want to contemplate that. Painting brick surfaces that actually connect changes the size and fit, and will eventually (if not in one pass) be worn off. And spray painting and sanding several thousand bricks? You'd be better off buying them off bricklink. Further, the paint he refers to is not necessarily available everywhere (if it is what I think it is, good luck getting it in California for environmental reasons). And you need an air brush, and compressor. Doing a few pieces is one thing - thousands?
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

Not to start an argument, but I've got the time, money and resources to do that, no matter how crazy it may sound. The playablility of it may be crap, but the pics would be great. I dunno, maybe it isn't all that smart, I guess new gray will get it's place in the Lego world, but until I make the complete switch, I go down with the ship, or patch every hole (if you get what I mean :)). I'll get those pics when I'm done painting, we can see how it turns out.
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"