Custom Swords

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Fingolfin
Serf

Custom Swords

Post by Fingolfin »

Here are some custom swords that i carved out of wood and painted with oil based enamel... it took quite awhile to get it right and you really have to pay attention to which way the grain is running, but im happy with the final result:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4594686

Please let me know what you think
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Re: Custom Swords

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

Nice. Are these modeled after LOTR movie weaponry? If you give your creations several coats of paint, and sand them with fine sandpaper between each coat, you ought to be able reduce the wood grain from showing through and develop a smoother finish.
Fingolfin
Serf

Post by Fingolfin »

Thanks for tip ill have to try that... and yes they are modeled after some swords in LOTR, although only loosely
Seikfreid
Journeyman

Post by Seikfreid »

These are beautiful! I've carved before, and I know just how difficult it would be to produce something like this. I applaud you for patience and for the beauty of your work.
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

I like the ones on the ends, but the middle right one looks too much like a cleaver for my liking and the mid-left looks a bit round, but carving sounds dificult.
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...