LCC- Lenfald Hans Zarkan

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Lord Mercat
Laborer

Re: LCC- Lenfald Hans Zarkan

Post by Lord Mercat »

Thanks everyone for all the C&C!
Tower of Iron Will wrote:That sword reminds me of some of the Final Fantasy games, maybe 9 or 10 or 11? Can't say that I've seen anyone make a sword that wide before, but hey, to each his own.
-Tower
While I certainly have made figures that were inspired by final fantasy games before, this isn't really one of them. I made the figure going for a grim, embittered mercenary type, and when I had finished, none of the weapons I tried with him really fit what I was going for. That's when I made the sword. It may be wider than pretty much any sword I've seen someone make before, but that's exactly what I was looking to do. While it certainly isn't a weapon that could exist in reality, I think it adds to his character and makes him stand out a bit more. Rather than an attempt at high fantasy, I see the blade as something more of a dark fantasy weapon. Hans isn't going to be jumping around throwing that sword around like Cloud, but rather will be using the weight and power of the sword in more of a grounded, full offense, strength based fighting style that uses the sheer weight and power of the sword to his advantage. I very much wanted Hans to be a non-magic character, and this is sort of my way around it. The way I envision it, the sheer physical power of Hans, combined with the weight and density of the blade, will enable him to take on bandits, wizard, and monsters alike. I like to think of it in a similar way as the many fantasy books that pit newer technology such as guns against older beliefs and ancient magics, with the weapons placing the likes of sorcerers, men, and demons on equal ground. So, in a way, Hans' sword is the medieval equivalent to a .44 magnum. If you are looking for tropes here, Hans would fall into the bad*** normal category.
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Re: LCC- Lenfald Hans Zarkan

Post by Brickninja »

Wait....did you say you used...Krazy Glue?! You used the Kragle!!!! AAAAAAAAARGH :o !!