New Article: Minifig Torso Designs and Stickers Volume 2

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

New Article: Minifig Torso Designs and Stickers Volume 2

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Hey all,

A new article has been added to our How-To section. Feel free to check it out.

Feedback on any article is always appreciated.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Wow, Anthony! Great job, sooo much variety :D Would photopaper be better to print on and would regular cartridges do this? (Any one can answer this who knows, Mr. Sava has done quite enough :wink: ) I used sticker paper before and they do not come out as crisp, nor as bright.
Troy T. Moore
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

Wow! Tons of great torsos here. More than even I expected. Great job, it'll be a great resource for the community
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

MAN! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

YOU ROCK! :D

Wow, lotsa good torsos.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Anthony,

This collection is shattering! I thought the last one was large. You have outdone yourself. :D

I hope that the torsos will be widely used by LEGO fans. It should definitely change what our current medieval world looks like. Thank you.

Ben E.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Thanks for all the hard work Anthony, you truly out do yourself and leave the rest of us in awe. Now if only I could convince my wife we need a new printer...

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
groovyd2001
Peasant

Post by groovyd2001 »

More torsos I can finally use all those space minifigs for something, thanks alot.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less then half of you half as well as you should Deserve

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/paluria/index.htm][img]http://www.freewebs.com/paluria/images/button1.JPG[/img][/url]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

wow - how many times can i say this? you rock dude! these torso are fantastic!

I especially like the maidens robe one. excellent work..

LF
jb
Freeman

Post by jb »

Wow! Great work! I can't believe the variety! Now I need to get a new printer and some extra torsos :)

James
Dan_BL
Apprentice

Post by Dan_BL »

Have just one question about photoshop and custom torsos:

How do you print several pictures of a torso design on the same piece of paper. For example, were I to print one of your PSDs, I would practically waste all my paper except for the little torso in the middle of it. Is there a special or specific way I can "Ctrl-C" everything and enlargen my canvas so it fits just right on a printed sheet of paper?

Thanks
Dan
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Dan_BL wrote:Have just one question about photoshop and custom torsos:

How do you print several pictures of a torso design on the same piece of paper. For example, were I to print one of your PSDs, I would practically waste all my paper except for the little torso in the middle of it. Is there a special or specific way I can "Ctrl-C" everything and enlargen my canvas so it fits just right on a printed sheet of paper?

Thanks
Dan

On the toobar, select Image, Resize, Image Size. Set image size to inches and then fill in the numbers. I usually use 8 x 10.5 (without going into full bleed and normal printer limits, that's probably a safe number).

Now just open whatever image you want, magic wand it if you know what you are doing, or just the rectangular selection tool as appropriate, select copy open or select the large 8x10whatever image and paste. Select the move tool and drag the transfered image to where you want. Be prepared to learn how to manipulate layers, or at least flatten them if you find yourself getting confused. :D
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

two thumbs way way up for Anthony. I was wondering, what kind of sticker-paper looks better, gloss or non?
Dan_BL
Apprentice

Post by Dan_BL »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:
On the toobar, select Image, Resize, Image Size. Set image size to inches and then fill in the numbers. I usually use 8 x 10.5 (without going into full bleed and normal printer limits, that's probably a safe number).

Now just open whatever image you want, magic wand it if you know what you are doing, or just the rectangular selection tool as appropriate, select copy open or select the large 8x10whatever image and paste. Select the move tool and drag the transfered image to where you want. Be prepared to learn how to manipulate layers, or at least flatten them if you find yourself getting confused. :D

Ok, that all makes sense...I see what you mean by manipulating layers, but I think I have an idea for that....flatten is what I'll do.

Thanks!
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Nice sava :D
cjsoona
Gong Farmer

Amazing

Post by cjsoona »

First off, great work.

Now two more things, I found that if I save the images you created and open them in word, (insert image, from file) they are autmatically the correct size for printing, in this fashion it is vary easy to fill up a page for printing with these great desings without having to worry too much about resolution.

The second thing, I don't know if anyone has said this or not, but have you thought about creating custom barding templates for horses? I figure you would do this in about the same fashion, one really only needs the sides, and their are a couple of cheaps sets with barding (the twin arm catapult), for the rest you could just spray paint, or leave be. Just a thought, it would be super cool.