Who are you?

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Snoopy
Archer

Who are you?

Post by Snoopy »

First of all, if this is not allowed please delete it, administraters.

I just joined classic-castle about a month or so ago. I'm still trying to figure out who's who.

So I was wondering if anyone who wants too could post just a few sentences about what their "claim to fame" is in Lego Castle (what you're collecting, building, what your Bricklink store is called if you have one, etc.).

I'll start:

I'm a Christian homeschooler who has been collecting LEGOs for 12 yrs. I've been collecting castle only for almost 2 yrs. Before that I collected Pirates for 2 yrs (the new "Pirates" are repulsive). I am currently collecting the leafmail knights found in Black Knights (which is my favorite theme) and Royal Knights. I also like Dragon Masters. I'm mostly an eBay collector but do use Bricklink and S@H at times.

Yours don't have to be that long.

P.S. I use the username Snoopy because of my love for Charles Schultz's Peanuts cartoon strips which I also collect.
Last edited by Snoopy on Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I am the Legofreak. trademaster, stickerfiend, monkey fetish...

Do not try to get me.. I am the wind baby.

I have been playing with lego for about twenty eight years. PLAYING.

:D :D

Freak.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Im John-Paul. Im also "Peoples_General" in FBTB.com, BrickLink.com, and other sites.

I started getting Lego at age 4, and at 22 now... Im still hooked to it. It evolved from Basic to Town to Space to Pirates, back to Town again, then to Castle. But once I got into Castle theme, I wanted BIGGER armies and more massive fortifications than castles. The answer to that was to make my own theme, the Ancients Theme!

Im also into military stuff, so I created yet another "My Own Theme" and the Near-Future Military Theme was born!
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

I am a nerd who spends too much time looking over things I can't affford. If I can afford it, it's not as exciting. :D

I am the King of Prussia.

I look a bit like my avatar.

I have a little obsession with Charley's War, probably the best British comic. Ever. If you know of a better one, I would like to hear it.

In terms of rare things, I have a WHOLE ONE classic peasant, one pitchfork, 2 6086 large flags, the golden helmet, golden sword, golden shield the 6090 barding, and white side-plumes.

In my spare time, I(when not playing lego)write those cthulhu messages on brickset.

Ia ia cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'mfah cthulhu r'yleh wgah'nagl fthagn!! __
(o0)
/|\
Ia! ia! :D
Last edited by Green Fox on Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I am a wannabe author who writes both with paper and pen, and with LEGO bricks. I've collected Lego for twelve years, and Castle has been mixed in there since the virtual beginning.

I'm also a self-professed Tolkienologist, and my spot at the Roundish-Table was won in defence of the Royal Knight's honour. :P
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

I'm Bruce N H.
I guess my "claim to fame" in AFOL-dom is illustrating stories in brick form, most prominently the Lord of the Rings:
http://www.ozbricks.com/bricktales/

Bruce
Last edited by Bruce N H on Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

I have been collecting legos for about 6-7 years. I am a quality builder, and my goal is to be a model designer for tlc. ( hey someone has got to get them out of their slump :D ) I collect pure castle, but I am known to buy starwars at times (just to get the pieces). The castle factions I collect are...Black falcons, kk1, bulls, forestmen, and wolfpack. Well I think thats all.
Alan
good times
cnelson
Laborer

Post by cnelson »

I've been accumulating Lego ever since I was 3 (28 years ago, if you must know). I write software for a living. I live in beautiful Thompson Station, Tennessee (about 5 minutes from the Saturn plant). I'm interested in history, photography, and power tools. I'm married to someone who humors my Lego hobby and have a little demon who turns 2 on Friday (he's not allowed to play with Daddy's Legos yet).

My youthful collection was Classic Space (I'm complete! :D ) and Expert Builder. The only castle that I had as a child was Black Falcon's Fortress--castle really only came along after I was into the Expert Builders instead. Since my dark ages, I've gotten most of the castle sets through Black Knights and most of the Star Wars ones, and other part sets as needed. I've recently started designing sets on computer and building them from there--a drastic change!--and I'm enjoying that. I'd like to recreate some of my creations on computer.

My castle building interest is currently Castle Peregrine (http://www.carlnelson.com/page.asp?SID=1&Page=41). I've just finished designing the front wall segments and hope to have them built and published in the next week or so--maybe with some corner towers too.

I'm currently most jealous of Jojo's creations, and James Stacey's castle project.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

I'm Anthony Sava, webmaster here at C-C. Other than that most people around here know me for my sticker articles found in the How-To section. I'm a collector of minifigs and minfig accessories. Usually when I build, I build big, but it's pretty few and far between. I also used to be known for a set of stories hosted on my website, but I haven't been very good about keeping them updated. Link to the website is in my signature.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I am well a lego freak. I have no claim to fame. I have been on the web for only a couple months. I am fourteen and love all old lego. In fact I love all lego up until 2000ish time. I am a supportor of Dragon Masters and Dark Forest.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I'm Will, I'm known for long winded and sometimes pointlessly long posts. :D I work strange hours and can be away from home for long periods of time, away from my Lego. :( I enjoy using emoticons, but usually manage to keep them down to one or two a post.

I have a large collection that I have been amassing for 25 years, somewhere in between 1-3 million pieces. I blame Bricklink for all my financial woes... My current castle fig count is somewhere around 1600 with another 100 or so Peasants. My village is a collection of 17 CCC houses just waiting for a town to sit in. I have yet to build the scenery etc... to complete the town.

A large portion of my collection is in various states of disrepair and downright shambles. I moved in the fall and have yet to spend the weeks needed to put everything back in order. I can be quite an avid builder at times, but my organizational laziness can hinder my ability to get things built.

I probably spend more time than I should perusing Classic-Castle when I should be working, but fortunatly I have a job that allows for a lot of free time during work hours. This is my favorite Lego related site, but you won't really find me in chat. Despite my verbose speachafying tendancies, I have never been all that comfortable in chat.

I am married and have two children who I am raising with a strong appretiation for Lego and no, they don't like the color change either. :wink: That's about it for me, I could say more, but no one wants to read it.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

I go by J1A3L5, but only most of my friends have shortened it to 'Jail'. My real name is John Langrish, however. (What the A stands for I'll leave you to ponder) I'm 15 years old, and I've always liked lego to the almost complete exclusion of other toys when I was younger.

I try to build in multiple themes, although I don't do modern/historical military or technic/bionicle. Also, trains, I don't do trains. Currently I haven't made any real mechs either, although I would like to sometime in the future. Right now I'm working on a little castle corner tower, as can be seen in the "Castle MOC's" section of these forums.

As for what I collect: I like the UCS Star Wars ships, but not I don't especially collect anything but pieces. I don't buy many sets anymore because I find it's better to just get pieces from bricklink. Cheaper and only gets the pieces you want.

Not sure what else you'd like to know, feel free to email/PM me if you wish. That goes for anyone here too. :)
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

I am porschecm2, and I have a Lego problem. :wink:

IRL, my name is Chris and I'm 17. First and foremost, I am a Christian. I'm still in highschool(graduate next year), and I've been playing with Lego as long as I can remember. My older brother had Lego before I was even old enough to play, so I've been around it all my life. I dabble in almost all themes, though predominately I build in Star Wars/Space(I tend to mix the 2 :oops: ) and Castle. I've also collected alot of Town and Pirate over the years, as well as Adventurers.

My Brickshelf Gallery.

My MOCpages Gallery.

I also enjoy plastic modeling of the glue sort. Currently I'm working on a Tamiya brand Porsche 911 GT3 in 1/24 scale. I completely paint all the pieces, and try to get as accurate and realistic as possible. I enjoy building modern civilian vehicles mostly, though I love WWII models as well.

I also love computer gaming, mainly RTS and racing, but because of a seriously outdated computer, I'm slowly drifting away from that.

I've also been known to seriously collect Hot Wheels, though I've now not bought one in a few months, except when I find a really valuable one.

Cm2
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I am Ben Ellermann, the sets admin at Classic Castle. I like to build historic structures out of LEGO, especially medieval buildings :wink: I am trained in architecture, specializing in history and preservation (In a few years I will be able to take the exam and become licensed) I also like several other themes such as western, sculptures, pirates, adventurers, etc.

As a side note: This topic belongs in our new forum "Announcements" for newbie questions. So I will move it there :D

Ben E.
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

I am Brian Gibbons, and I AM CANADIAN! I'm 14, and like Parogies. I pass my time(when I'm not building) by playing video games like AOE II, Starcraft, SuperSmash Bros. Melee, and the like. I also love hockey.
I've loved lego for years now, but when I found this site, my intrest exploded. I'm a solid castle builder, though I do love most space creations. I am probably the sole lover of the bulls out there, but what can I say? They totaly school all other themes. Well, that's it for me, If I can think of anything else, I'll edit this post.
Ciao!