Victoria, BC AFOL Meetup

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Tedward
Squire

Victoria, BC AFOL Meetup

Post by Tedward »

I signed up to be the organizer for the AFOL Meetup in Victoria and renamed it VicLUG. Tomorrow night (Sept 14) at 8:00 pm at the Denny's across from Mayfair Mall. It is fairly central and has good parking and bus service.

Let's keep it simple with introductions and a pocket model show and tell.

For more details, see the full event listing @: http://afol.meetup.com/4/events/3037101/

If anyone from Victoria is reading this please consider attending even if just once to say 'Hi, I like LEGO too!"
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Darn. I think I PM'ed you a couple times about our similar locations, but I won't be in Victoria for quite a while. But Mayfair mall is extremely close to where we stay, at my Grandmother's house.

May I ask how often these meetups will be?
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

Hi!

Yep we "PM'd", I changed my Avatar so you might not have recognised me. :D

I have no idea how often they will be. The Meetup.com system is set up for once a month but I have no idea how many (if anyone) is going to show up. Actually I am going to be there and a friend who may be coming out of his dark age should be there but beyonfd that, who knows.

I am actually going to see if we can switch to a breakfast meeting one Saturday morning a month which might make it possible for you to come once in a while.
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Well we visit family there often: If I was down there at the right time, I'm sure I could make it. We'll see, hopefully I could at some point. Anyway, it's something cool to keep in mind.