Hello from Texas!

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
MandyNeko
Gong Farmer

Hello from Texas!

Post by MandyNeko »

Hello everyone!

I'm fairly new to the world of Lego (although I had some Basic buckets and the set of Castle minifigures when I was a kid). I've bought a few sets new in the past few years (a few Disney and Minecraft sets) but I love the hunt for harder-to-find things. I've scored a few great deals on Ebay for castle parts, and I'm lucky enough to live within driving distance of several secondhand Lego shops. While I like building things when I have all the parts, I love the thrill of the hunt from the bulk tables! My most recent build-from-bulk is the 40139 Gingerbread House (with some substitutions for colors). I love the look of the Elves sets and have picked up a few recently. I feel like I have a lot more to learn before I can make great MOC builds. I joined these forums because the video game castle category inspired me, and I wanted to build something for the contest (even though I'm new to MOCs). Hopefully I'll be posting my entry in a few days.

Outside of Lego, I also like playing video games, cosplay, and watching MST3K. I also volunteer as a princess character performer for charity events like hospital visits (I play Cinderella, Belle, and Ariel), and I belong to my church's acting group.

Looking forward to participating on these boards! :)
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: Hello from Texas!

Post by Bluesecrets »

Welcome! If you need any help, feel free to contact me. I hope you have a good time here.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
LittleJohn
Admin
Admin

Post by LittleJohn »

Welcome to Classic-Castle! Looking forward to seeing your video game castle entry :)
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

Glad to have you on Classic-Castle!
The Video Game Castle category is definitely a great one, and I can't wait to see what you come up with for it :)
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
MandyNeko
Gong Farmer

Post by MandyNeko »

Thank you for the warm welcome! I just submitted my entry (and made a thread in MOCs). :)
BrickFan
Serf

Post by BrickFan »

Welcome. Prepare for it to become the last new hobby of your life :lol: I played with LEGO as kid, then game consoles came out so i lost interest, but in the last few years i've done a full circle!
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

Hi! Welcome to Classic Castle. :wave:
Aeridian
Councilor
Location: A wanderer, for home is where the food is good and the company is better.

Post by Aeridian »

Hello MandyNeko! I hope you enjoy your time here on Classic-Castle. It's a great community for feedback, encouragement, and ideas. :)

Also, it's really neat that you cosplay for patients at hospitals! They're the ones who really human connection and often don't get much! :?
~ Ductus Exemplo ~
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeridian/]Flickr[/url]