Are there any classical music lovers in Classic Castle?

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.

Which composer do you enjoy listening to the most?

Johann Sebastian Bach
10%
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
20%
Ludwig Van Beethoven
35%
George Fredrick Handel
No votes
I listen to all of them equally
35%

Total votes: 20

TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I like classical stuffs.
I think it goes good with some violent video games :D
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

All classical music is good. My favourite is Pachelbel's Canon, which isn't on the list, so I went with Mozart. I don't really like him better than the others, but his stuff gets stuck in my head more readily.
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

"I listen to them all equally" is my answer. I mean, 0, 0, 0, and 0 are all equal...riiiight? :wink:

Man of Iron wrote:This topic doesn't have anything to do with LEGO but neither does the "High, I'm new" type posts. They are for telling other members about yourself, I'm trying to find out things about my fellow Classic-Castle members.
May I ask if you've seen any of the multiple posts involving why off-topic threads are not allowed here? I suggest you go read them, and draw your own conclusions. I am 99% sure this thread will get locked, and I agree with that standpoint. :)
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

J1A3L5 wrote:"I listen to them all equally" is my answer. I mean, 0, 0, 0, and 0 are all equal...riiiight? :wink:

Man of Iron wrote:This topic doesn't have anything to do with LEGO but neither does the "High, I'm new" type posts. They are for telling other members about yourself, I'm trying to find out things about my fellow Classic-Castle members.
May I ask if you've seen any of the multiple posts involving why off-topic threads are not allowed here? I suggest you go read them, and draw your own conclusions. I am 99% sure this thread will get locked, and I agree with that standpoint. :)

If you agree with a standpoint why bother posting in a thread you WANT to see locked? seems like a double standard dude.

on topic: I voted for mozart, but I really love them all. I made a giant tape (remember those?) of a mixture of about ten albums (remember THOSE??) of various composers.
Alex and I like to play that while we build sometimes....
(hence the lego connection)

:D
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Rushing before the inevitable lockdown appears:

Okay, I'll make a stab at putting this somewhat on-topic. I like to build/customize to classical music. Having words interferes with the Wrong Side of the Brain (with apologies to Dr. Betty Edwards, who actually taught that at my university if you are familiar with her book, Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain).

But where is Stravinsky? Rite of Spring and the Firebird are among my favorites. If you happen to be from the Los Angeles area, if you ever you ever get a chance, go to a performance of The Firebird by the L.A. Philharmonic with Essa Peka Salonen conducting. Electric!
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

I listen to classical music sometimes - Mainly Bach, Lizt, and Clementi.

It is nice to do sometimes as most of the time music with lyrics dirves me nuts. Also, I love to listen to Polka :D
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I like classical music. Unfortunatelly I'm too confused with who composed what and which orchestra under which conductor played what with whom performing as soloist... So I don't dare to buy CDs with classical music.

I like mainly symphonies, no operas. I simply don't understand a single word of an aria....

Bye
Jojo

jwcbigdog
Apprentice

Post by jwcbigdog »

I am a total classical music lover and a music teacher. I like to listen to the music of Beethoven to do just about anything. The others on that list just don't do much when it comes to motivating me to work, but they are great.

For you classical music haters, anything that is proven to make you smarter should at least be worth a try! You may find something that you like.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Re: Are there any classical music lovers in Classic Castle?

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

I have mentioned several times I listen to Classical music, but that was a while ago. I like all Classical, but Beethoven is my favorite. I don't think this is too off-topic. LR had a thread talking about music, and it wasn't locked.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

This topic is off topic from the Announcement forum's policy of announcing yourself as a newbie, or leaving for a while, or leaving permanently.

A music topic, or other general topics about users can and should be discussed in the Classic Castle chat. This is the preferred place to talk about non-LEGO topics (along with LEGO topics of course :wink: )

Now if this topic was about medieval music or medieval instruments, that topic would be appropriate for the Real Castles section.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin