Hello Fellow Fans! Hope im not too late to join you all

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
BlacKnight
Serf

Hello Fellow Fans! Hope im not too late to join you all

Post by BlacKnight »

Hi! guys~ let me inroduce myself a bit.. im a 19 years old student living in Singapore.. just got back to LEGO last year after coming across brickshelf.com and saw the 6086 castle!!! i browsed through a particular "jojo" gallery for very long, it brings back memories of the 6086 i saw when i was a kid~ didnt have the money to buy it then..

So last year i set out on a mission to get it!!! while at the same time bought a few new LEGO sets : ) i finally found 1 misb 6086 at ebay.. i then bought 6057 and 6009 :D THEY ARE THE BEST THINGS I GOT for myself~

NOW! i believe i will be collecting LEGO for the rest of my life :D :D :D

LEGO was everything to me during my childhood :D played them everyday using my imagination to create what i thought was the most magnificient castle or spaceship then :D but went to "dark age" for a few years :cry: :cry:

Hope im not too late to join you all in this big family of LEGO!

BTW i have some questions~
1) is there any value difference in "US" and "international" versions of the same set ?
2) Any 1 have any idea roughly how much will i have to spend to collect every single castle sets from 1978 to 1992's wolf ? just like the "jojo" brickshelf gallery :P :P
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=22466
i want new sets, although i do not mind the box condition, just want to get brand new LEGO and open them!!!
3)6086 at us$220 is it a good price, the box is sealed and in good shape but have a few big stickers on it with shelf wear, it is the international version.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

I think this should be in anouncements becuase your saying a hello. But I will let Nathan move it. :lol:

Welcome Black Knight! It's good to have another LEGO castle lover join the ranks!

And about the question "How much money will I need for all these sets?" Well...let's just say lots and lots and lots. But hey you could always get great deals on Ebay so anything is possible.
Space rocks.
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

Its just a mere flesh wound... I've had worse..
:P

Welcome to CC! Hope you enjoy yourself here, its one of the best Lego communities online.

Collecting all the sets will be a hard task, especially if you want MISB.
Ebay prices tend to very but are usually very high. You might be best to try search for them on http://www.bricklink.com as the prices there are usually fairer.
Good luck.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I moved this topic to announcements :wink: .

Hi BlacKnight and welcome to Classic-Castle!

It appears that you want to buy the old castle sets when they are still sealed in the original packages. This can be very expensive (especially some of the older sets like the yellow castle) and if you are just going to open the sets once you buy them it would be much cheaper and easier to buy the sets used on e-bay or Bricklink ( http://www.bricklink.com ). If you wanted to buy them new and you are willing to pay the extra money for MISB (mint-in-sealed-box) sets, then your best bet would be to buy the sets on e-bay.

-The Josh
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

You're late.

The party started a month ago. :D

Seriously, welcome to CC. It's nice to see another member, and that fact that you're from a part of the world that is quite under-represented doesn't hurt at all.

Good luck on getting your sets, but some of them are likely to be really expensive and hard to find.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Hey, welcome to CC.com! No one's ever too late to join! :)

It's great to see so many LEGO fans from so many places around the world. You'll have a great time here, I promise!

Oh, and by the way, try to cut down on your emoticons a bit, some of us admins might be forced to edit them down. :wink: A tip; never use the same smilely more than twice in a post.

Again, welcome! :D
forester3291 wrote:I think this should be in anouncements becuase your saying a hello. But I will let Nathan move it.
The Josh wrote:I moved this topic to announcements

Heh...alas...I was too slow this time... :wink:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Re: Hello Fellow Fans! Hope im not too late to join you all

Post by LEGOFREAK »

BlacKnight wrote: Hope im not too late to join you all in this big family of LEGO!
ooo too bad... open enrollment just ended a week ago.....
NOT :D

welcome aboard dude. Do you have links to the stuff you are building or do you only build sets?

To answer #2 If you want to collect sets and open them why not just try to get the instructions and then see if you can build them? the only reason to get MISB In my opinion would be to collect them. .. if you're just going to play with them just get the equivalent in bricks!

:D

welcome once again :mrgreen:
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

Howdy BlacKnight. I hope you have some serious fun here.

You will have spend a pretty penny (practically empty your life savings)
to catch up with Jojo. :D

Benjamin Medinets
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Hi and Welcome! And you are not to late, what could you be late for except for lost time of being part of this awesome web site!

Dave
BlacKnight
Serf

Post by BlacKnight »

Thank You for all the warm welcome :)