Things going on in my life

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Things going on in my life

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Hey Howdy Hey Classic Castle,

Just thought I'd fill y'all in on a few things going on in my life.

First and foremost - I'm still jobless. But I hope to change that soon. My family has a small house my grandfather left us up in Texarkana Arkansas, and I may be moving up there to find some honest, minimum wage work there. Wal-Mart doesn't want to hire me here, maybe they will up there.

If that happens, I will probably be offline or only online a few minutes a day for a few weeks. I plan to come back, mind you, but my fellow admins will have to hold down the fort without me if I do.

Of course this is all still an idea rather than a plan. We won't know for sure what we're gonna do till after Thanksgiving when Christina and I get the chance to take that 6 hour drive up north and apply to some jobs (Texarkana isn't all that big, and hasn't entered the 20th... I mean 21st century yet, gotta hand in the resume in person).

It's an exciting prospect and a scary one too - leaving behind all that I consider familiar. I guess we all have to spread our wings and leave the nest for good sometime. I'll also be leaving behind the great folks of TEXLUG for the most part, since I'll be too far from anywhere except the TEXLUG Dallas chapter 2 hours away. That part also really pains me. Though I think MSLTC is somewhere in there too to the east.

Other things.

Ikros seems to be on hold for me. I've lost all creative energy to continue. I have a table and lamps all set up for picture taking, and I just can't seem to get the urge to do anything with it. I hope this will pass.

I've submitted a request to start up my own Bricklink shop. There won't be a terribly high number of bricks for sale, nothing like Troy's for sure ;), and there will definately be nothing castle in there either. Mostly bulk brick and some sets I've parted out. A few other parts from my personal collection may include Rock Raider and Space parts that I can't see myself ever finding a use for (few and far between actually). I'll make an announcement when it's up and running.

I have a plan for a new Castle, though I won't be able to start work on it for some time. Beyond needing to finish the MOCs I need for Chaos Skies, I also need to get some money to make some more orders as well. You may think I have a lot of bricks, but I'm gonna need a lot more to finish this MOC (just ask Freak).

And that's all I have to say about that.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I wish the best of luck to you and Christina in this new move. The admins will definitely hold the fort :) Hopefully you will find a job soon and be able to get back here to CC with a bit more money in your pockets. Cool news about the bricklink shop also.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: Things going on in my life

Post by Formendacil »

SavaTheAggie wrote:You may think I have a lot of bricks, but I'm gonna need a lot more to finish this MOC (just ask Freak).
emphasis mine

Did I hear that right?

You're making LEGOFREAK your spokesman?

Come back soon.....

I don't know how long we can handle that. :wink:

In the meantime, good luck on the job-hunting, and I hope you succeed in finding it. I mean, how will we get more Ikros if you can't afford it?

And as far as lack of creative desire....

I wouldn't worry about that. I go through it all the time. I never failed to come back once.*

*Note: I am talking more about writing than about LEGO. You have to actually leave LEGO to come back to it. :wink:
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Re: Things going on in my life

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Formendacil wrote: You're making LEGOFREAK your spokesman?
yes Formendacil... and Tony said you have to give me all your lego. :lol:

Ok - not really, but he is referring to a conversation we had recently about a castle he is building... I won't go into details because when he does unveil it you will all become his ....servants, yeah - thats the medieval term... :wink:

I personally cannot wait to see it, but it will be awhile. Especially in light of THIS thread.

Freak
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Arkansas, you say? Well, Texarkana is in the other corner of the state, but it'd be good to have another AFOL in the general area.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Anthony,

I wish you and Christina best of luck in your job search. And I hope setteling in a new home won't be too difficult of a transition.

I'll miss you while your gone but can't wait for you return.

Best of luck in everything,

DM

P.S. Ever consider publishing IKROS?
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Good luck in job hunting and moving. Us admins will definitely hold the fort juuuuuuuuuust fine! :twisted:

Also good luck in getting back into Ikros, your delay might give me enough time to catch up! (I just started reading a week ago).

Again, good luck!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Hey Anthony, good to here whats going on. Good liuck with moving and all.... and also how is your mother-in-law doing? I think about here every now in then pray for her and was just wondering how sha was gettin along?

Dave
Longbowmen
Peasant

Post by Longbowmen »

Noooooooo, I wish you good luck but.... but....
Please continu with chaos sky!!!! You are the best legostoryteller ever!!! Good luck