Wouldn't it be lovely....

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Wouldn't it be lovely....

Post by Troy T. Moore »

..if the KK2 figs had scale mail or some other nice armour, isignia or ? printed under the Euro armour? Not the breastplate pattern :( Has anyone heard what, if anything, there is on the figs themselves?

Dear Administrators,

I hope this is the right place as it is discussion of official product line. If not, my apologies. :D
Troy T. Moore
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Troy,

This is the right place for this topic. I remember similar talk about this subject, but this is the first separate thread.

Despite the Griffindor Knight from HP, all fully armored knights from lego lines have had a patterened torso underneath. I would imagine that the new figs have some kind of torso that is decorated (probably an armor design).

But I wouldn't be surprised if they had a blank shirt. The brestplate torso that traditionally is under figs that wear the removable platemail was made years before platemail came out. And since KKII armored knights have armor specifically made for each fig (and little kids probably don't think enough to have knights rest and remove their armor, it is unlikely they would have a secondary outfit).

Actually I change my answer, the figs probably won't have a decorated torso.

But if they did who wants more armor in light blue and purple.

Hope that helps,

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Sir Terrance
Councilor

I hope they do!

Post by Sir Terrance »

It would be nice if they did have some sort of pattern under the breastplate, chainmail would be the best since we don't have that yet from LEGO.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Sir T,

Historically Knights would not wear full chain-mail under their heavy platemail. Maybe a little at the uncovered areas, but not a full suit. I stick by my no armor torso.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Sir Terrance
Councilor

But LEGO doesn't follow history.

Post by Sir Terrance »

Yes you are right about the chainmail, however, if LEGO makes blue and purple, red and green knights, who says they were following history in the first place? :wink:
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

It's not often that you see a blank torso nowadays... I have had to remove the printing to get a blank one on several occasions. I think that chances are that the knights will have some silly design corresponding to the theme or the individual character, and that these torsos will be completely and utterly unusable.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

It's all pure speculation. I expect there to be some sort of print, if only because there always has been. A generalized armor print would be great, but some kind of non-combat clothes would be nice, too. Until it actually comes out, all I really intend to do is shrug since the decision is already made and I'm gonna treat it as a Christmas surprise.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

In comparison,
In 6081 set, did the knights had a printed pattern on the torso under their armor ?

I don't own this set. It could be the same for the new sets...
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

doctorsparkles wrote:It's not often that you see a blank torso nowadays... I have had to remove the printing to get a blank one on several occasions. I think that chances are that the knights will have some silly design corresponding to the theme or the individual character, and that these torsos will be completely and utterly unusable.
Yeah like a teddy bear or monkey on the torso. Don't get your hopes up Sir T
Space rocks.