3%
Bulls
2%

Total votes: 244

Horak the Great
Peasant

The Black Knights, of course...

Post by Horak the Great »

The Black Knights have very good castles and a strong cavalry with well-armed/armored knights to boot. The Black Knights will wipe out all in its path... Resistance is futile. :)
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

I wonder shy so many people have voted for black falcons? they don't have any distingueshing power. It's probably the old "but they look so cool."

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

Yeah, that's what I said. They were very organized though...
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

Anubisconq wrote:Yeah, that's what I said. They were very organized though...
Yeah, all their sets were good quality, no crap. They look like a force to be reckoned with. I still have my money on the Black Knights though. Two incredible fortresses, a large force of heavy cavalry (Crusaders have more light cavalry), and the Sea Serpent, plus the second largest army... you can't beat that.
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

PunkRockCowboy wrote: I still have my money on the Black Knights though. Two incredible fortresses, a large force of heavy cavalry (Crusaders have more light cavalry), and the Sea Serpent, plus the second largest army... you can't beat that.
Hear hear. Thats about the scope of my argument. The black knights don't realy have any problems and are increedibly powerful.

God speed

Emp.Justinian

Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

PunkRockCowboy wrote:Two incredible fortresses
Can you believe that I found one of those incredible fortresses for real cheap! I found Black Monarch's Castle, Black Falcon's Fortress, and a Forestmen set in the newspaper classified ads for a combined total of $20?!! I called in, and the lady said I could have them, but I never got a call back. I did not get them. :evil: :cry:
Jansen
Steward
Location: Pondering the paradox of organic American cheese...

Post by Jansen »

Personally I think that the Dragon Masters would win because they have... DRAGONS! The dragons could just scorch people to death and Majisto could use his magic powers to blow up siege engines and destroy castle and men. Ya, so what if they have junky castles :wink: !
"An apple a day keeps people deathly-allergic to apples away."
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusalagupagoo/]flickr[/url]
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

Jansen wrote:Ya, so what if they have junky castles !
But of course! The further on Lego's castles go, the less defendable they become!
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Dragon Masters. Ya wanna know why?

They have dragons. Dragons.
Oh, and a wizard.

Edit: Heh, missed Jansen's post up there.
Chuck06
Peasant

Post by Chuck06 »

Hmm, which is the strongest faction?

My decision will have to take into account several conditions. For instance, before the Dragon Masters no castle faction had access to magic or any mythological creatures. The dragons are certainly powerful creatures, but the molded ones from Fright Knights and Dragon Masters aren't that big, so a couple of troops together should be able to take them out. Additionally, how powerful are the Witches and Wizards? Do we count Majisto only once despite the many sets he appears in? (this same probelm also presents itself for any faction which had kings and for KKII in which almost all of the good troops were individual characters).

Secondly, we should think about the types of troops and the capablities of each army. The forestmen/Dark forest (which I tend to consder as two separate factions, though I'll go along with the poll and combine them) may have the third largest army in sheer size but they are composed mostly of archers. They have absolutely no seige equipment and almost no cavalry. In short, they are a skirmish force, adept at hit and run type battles, but they have almost no ability to capture fortresses. Additionally, their outposts rely on concealment and secrecy, and probably wouldn't withstand a direct asssault.

The Crusaders, in addition to being the numerically superior force, offer the benefits of a well rounded military. They have the largest cavalry force (though not by much) as well as the most (and most diverse) seige equipment (ballista, 2 catapults, seige tower, and battering ram). Their numbers dominate in almost category of troops (the forestmen have more archers). Because of their large number of supply and transport carts, they are the most prepared for sustaining long term offensive campaigns. They have craftsman provding valuable war material for their cause. In short, they are the epitome of organization. For defense, they have one large and one medium fortress. For these reasons, the crusaders get my vote.

However, there are other contenders worth thinking about. The Black Knights have the largest force of heavy cavalry in that many of them have euro armor. They have an impressive array of four seige weapons and the largest ship pre-vikings (because vikings have a contested place in the castle line, I have not included them as an option, though historically they are Medieval). They also have a well rounded infanty, included several crossbowmen. However, the Crusaders win out over them because they have better organization. They two strong large castles. They have absolutely no support carts, severaly limiting the range and duration of their campaigns. Nevertheless, their sheer offensive and defensive power, they come in at number two on my list.

Numero three is the Black Falcons. Like both the Crusaders and Black Knights, the Black Falcons sport a robust and well rounded military, but unfortunately they do this on a somewhat smaller scale. They have two impressive medium fortresses, two catapults for seiges, an impressively large force of light cavalry for their size, one small boat, and one cart for the transportation of a small amount of war goods. While they would be fighting unwinable wars against the Crusaders and Black Knights, they are more than capable of holding their territory against any of the smaller factions. In fact, their miliatry appears to be more geraed twoard defense, as they have response forces to both the Black Knight's Sea Serpent and the Crusader's battering ram.

This post is already too long, so I'll skip explanation for the rest of my list, which excludes KKI and thereafter.

4: Forestmen/Dark forest
5: Dragonmasters
6: Royal Knights
7: Fright Knights
8: Wolfpack (how could you rate these guys higher, they have a whoppping total of 9 men and no siege weapons or cavalry. They might possibly be able to take a single fortress by sneaking into it, but then they'd have to hold it against the inevitable reprisal force, which would be pretty dificult with almost no dedicated archers. they're basically like forestmen in their tactics, only not as strong numerically.

-chuck
"In destinies sad or merry,
True men can but try"
-Sir Gawain and the Green Knight 564-5
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I would say the Black Knights. Not just because they have a big, well-rounded, strong force of soldiers and knights, but because they have a mean edge that the other big army factions like the Crusaders lack.

- Matt
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Sir Kohran wrote:I would say the Black Knights. Not just because they have a big, well-rounded, strong force of soldiers and knights, but because they have a mean edge that the other big army factions like the Crusaders lack.

- Matt
I have to agree. The black knights look like they wouldn't have any qualms with killing off the stragelers, prisoners, and other bystanders that get in their way. The crusaders are just to noble to do this.

God speed

Emp.Justinian

Brickzone
Bailiff

Post by Brickzone »

For me the Black Knights just look the most "business-like" of the knights. The castles too are sturdy imposing well built things.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

This is definately a difficult question. The crusaders, as discussed in previous posts, have the largest army, and the the most siege equipment, and very good fortifications. However, the Black Knights are the strongest in heavy cavelry, and they too have very good fortifications. Plus, they have a strong naval presence. All of this boils down to: The crusaders have more troops. The Black Knights have stronger troops. Which would be victorious? I'm not really sure, but I am leaning toward the Black Knights.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

As others have said you can't go past an army with Dragons ... they're going to come out on top every time ;)

The Fright Knights not only have Dragons but they are vampires too - that's got to be a difficult advesary...

I would have voted Vikings if the option were available - we all know these guys can take Dragons bigger than those that appeared in the earlier sets!