3%
Bulls
2%

Total votes: 244

Shroud9
Peasant

Post by Shroud9 »

kelderic wrote:
Emp.Justinian wrote:Very good points shroud9, welcome to CC! :D The obvious question again is how to kill something that is alreadsy dead,
I would say that probable dismembering is called for, although just cutting off their heads might works. It depends on the spells used by the necromancer. :)

Kelderic
Yah... that sounds about right, and its the traditional way to destroy the Undead! :D

Basically, i believe that the stats on most Undead in role playing games are that they, as a force, are weaker than traditional troops, but they are more abundant, (swarm tactics) cause fear/panic among the living, harder to kill, (which makes up for their lack of skilled fighting ability) and are capable of regeneration. (it takes more than losing one arm or leg to stop a skeleton, decapitation, or a killing blow the removes two or more limbs makes them incapacitated) :twisted:

Oh, and also, their special/unique elite troop types possess greater abilities, their Undead knights, (7009 - The Final Joust) can fight at levels equal to heavy armor knights, and in addition to this, they have all the aforementioned benefits that normal Undeads have like, fear causing, harder to kill, regeneration, ethereal.

So yup.... i like factoring their pros vs. cons, it makes them an interesting force to deal with!
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• -=Richard=-
Shroud9
Peasant

Post by Shroud9 »

Blue Head wrote:
kelderic wrote:
Emp.Justinian wrote:Very good points shroud9, welcome to CC! :D The obvious question again is how to kill something that is alreadsy dead,
I would say that probable dismembering is called for, although just cutting off their heads might works. It depends on the spells used by the necromancer. :)

Kelderic
Acid... that is all Im going to say... and a good wizard...
At first i laughed at your statement, and then i thought about it for a while... :idea:

...and i remembered 'FIRE" :twisted:

Fire is often used against Undead Zombies and Skeletons, so this is very legitimate... i recall the Bulls even having a push-cart, fire-wagon... so perhaps they could be a force that specializes in counter-tactics and combating the Undead... and oh, i'm sure the Wolfpack would do well against the Undead as well!
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

The Bulls had that offensive group of hardware, and if you could get past the three-amigos approach, there might have been an army there. I'm thinking they must have all been (A) juiced up on mead, (B) recently enchanted, or (C) in league with the Undead due to their dark and cloudy eye-print.

Personally, I'm gunning for (A), and I just need to build up a decent mead hall for the illustraition. :wink:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Kozai13
Peasant

Post by Kozai13 »

architect wrote:The Lion Knights/Crusaders would win because they have more men, siege weapons/vehicles, and buildings than any other theme. Plus the civilians are on their side (6040, 6041, 6067).

Ben

I agree with you. The crusaders had tons of men and siege weapons. Plus they had the best defensive structures. For most of the others (For example, Dragon Masters.) you could just walk into their castles without having to break in.
Matt

Check out my brickshelf account:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Matman13

And my brickset profile:
http://www.brickset.com/profile/default.aspx?user=Matman13
DNorton
Villein

Post by DNorton »

i think the royal knights could definetly beat the black knights
Dan

Manipulators Keep (click on up to veiw other sets.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Pyromanic
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

DNorton wrote:i think the royal knights could definetly beat the black knights
What makes you think that?

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Jojo wrote:Hello!

DNorton wrote:i think the royal knights could definetly beat the black knights
What makes you think that?

Bye
Jojo
With siege weapons like this, how could they lose? :wink:

Ben
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

architect wrote:With siege weapons like this, how could they lose? :wink:
Hehe, yeah! :-)

Well, the the Black Knights have twice as many catapult arms, though...

The one saving grace for the Royal Knights is, they are mobile.

Bye
Jojo
Strider
Laborer

Post by Strider »

i chose wolfpack because they have the element of surprise. they could attack caravans and stuff quickly and disappear before the gaurds could retaliate. by doing this they could weaken other factions armys and their popularity of the peasants. at least thats how i see it.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Strider wrote:i chose wolfpack because they have the element of surprise. they could attack caravans and stuff quickly and disappear before the gaurds could retaliate. by doing this they could weaken other factions armys and their popularity of the peasants. at least thats how i see it.
But could they do anything more than just annoy the other factions? Sure, they might damage some convoys but there's no way their little band of thugs is going to bring down one of those huge castles. However, I could see them as assassins, spreading chaos by picking off key leaders.

- Matt
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

Sir Kohran wrote:However, I could see them as assassins, spreading chaos by picking off key leaders.
Exactly! And since theres always someone to seize power, if given the opportunity, the targeted faction would tear itself apart! I voted Forestmen for the same reason.
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]
Strider
Laborer

Post by Strider »

Sir Kohran wrote:
Strider wrote:i chose wolfpack because they have the element of surprise. they could attack caravans and stuff quickly and disappear before the gaurds could retaliate. by doing this they could weaken other factions armys and their popularity of the peasants. at least thats how i see it.
But could they do anything more than just annoy the other factions? Sure, they might damage some convoys but there's no way their little band of thugs is going to bring down one of those huge castles. However, I could see them as assassins, spreading chaos by picking off key leaders.

- Matt
well if they weaken a castle enough by destroying there food supplies and convoys the people inside the castle would starve. which could be conquered by simply attacking the wolfpack i guess
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Im voting for the Black Knights.

They are IMO the most powerful Castle (excluding Ninja) group.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

Wolfpack has the some of the lowest amount of troops, and lack of diversiy. I wouldn't think they win they would win against mighty army.
Shroud9
Peasant

Post by Shroud9 »

Sir Kohran wrote:
However, I could see them as assassins, spreading chaos by picking off key leaders.

- Matt

Well here's my take on it...

Y'see, the Wolfpack are a shady group of rouges, so their alliance is shifting, these opportunistic outlaws would likely join with one of the leading 'power' factions, like Black Knights, or Black Falcons (I just think the Crusaders or the Royal Knights are too regal and noble to ally themselves with anyone) and use this partnership to their advantage.

I actually believe that the Wolfpack are smart enough to dictate terms of peaceful forest cohabitation with the Forestmen, and use that union to protect their home domain and then shift alliance and rat them out to the Black Knights or someone else once they no longer have use for them!!!

You must always remember, in war, tides continually shift, and most often the one that appears most powerful if often targeted first.

...and the Wolfpack will wait, hidden, until the right time...

They'll bargen, consolidate treaties, break promises, and back-stab... they'll do what ever it takes to survive because they are born survivors.

They are the most realistic group in Castle, with everyone else either good or bad, black or white, the Wolfpack is a dark shade of grey, and they will turn on anyone, and assassinate a friend if it gives them an advantage.

In the real world, their guerilla tactics and total war strategy would win them the war... i believe they are among the few faction that would target a civilian group. (they'd kill off the Crusaders support system for the Black knights, and in turn become protected allies while they then sit back and plot they next deception and watch as the Crusaders and Black knights cancel each other out)

...i do a lot of thinking on this subject!
(And i should, i've got over 1200 strong Castle minifig army in my basement)
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)