KK1
3%
Bulls
2%

Total votes: 244

Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

Yeah, we know the Vikings take on the dragons, but does that mean they win? In my world, no. :D
Chuck06
Peasant

Post by Chuck06 »

Yeah, we know the Vikings take on the dragons, but does that mean they win? In my world, no.
Putting old favorites aside, I'd have to say that the vikings have a legitimate claim (maybe not the winning claim, but I'd say top five). They have by far the best navy. Their siege weapons often dwarf the fortifications they would be attacking. They have a solid number of troops who are known to be hardy warriors historically and by virtue of the monsters they fight in their sets. They have a large fortress, although it suffers from being made out of wood rather than stone. Other drawbacks include a lack of cavalry and ranged units (except maybe throwing axes), so their tactics would be unfortunately limited. Perhaps their ferocity/hardiness makes up for some of these?

In addition, how about our friends the Ninjas? They make a very interesting lot. They have a wide array of troops, from Samurai cavalry to the sneaky ninjas. They even have gunpowder and artillery. They also have a decent navy.

-chuck
"In destinies sad or merry,
True men can but try"
-Sir Gawain and the Green Knight 564-5
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

Chuck06 wrote: In addition, how about our friends the Ninjas? They make a very interesting lot. They have a wide array of troops, from Samurai cavalry to the sneaky ninjas. They even have gunpowder and artillery. They also have a decent navy.
-chuck
Ninjas don't count because the Ninja theme is based loosely from the rennesaince to colonial time periods. If you notice, they have pistols and muskets. Japan had gunpowder back in the medieval times, but they did not have muskets until the Portuguese equipped them with in the late 1400s.

I agree with what you said about the Vikings though. Perhaps I should have put them as an option instead of Wolfpack because it'd be pretty absurd to say the Wolfpack would win, unless you can come up with some crazy idea about tactics based off of sets and posters.
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

I found even more evidence for the Black Falcons: They're allied with the Black Knights! I found the two factions in a boat together in an old promotional set.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Anubisconq wrote:I found even more evidence for the Black Falcons: They're allied with the Black Knights! I found the two factions in a boat together in an old promotional set.
Perhaps they were discussing a treaty? Or perhaps you discovered a traitor!!?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

I say the dragon masters, (because) they have... ummm... DRAGONS!
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

Blue Head wrote:I say the dragon masters, (because) they have... ummm... DRAGONS!
To be honest, with the number of sets the Dragon Masters had during their short 2 year span I'm really surprised at how low their figure count is.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I chose the forestmen. To me, they seem like they would use unconventional methods like surprise attacks. They might not have the greatest calavry, but they can hide in trees and shoot knights off their horses without even being seen.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

I chose Forestmen; not only are they my favorite theme, but they have surprise, lots of archers, and hidden bases to their advantage. Of course, Dragons would help out the FKs and BKs alot, and the Crusaders' forces would be pretty dang overwhelming, but I'm compelled to say Forestmen nevertheless.
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Thinking about it I have made a list of my top three factions. I have not included fright knights or dragon masters because while they have powerful dragons and spell casters they so greatly laack in common soldiers that once these big threats are removed they become defencless.

1st place: Black knights. They have heavy cavelry and foot soldiers. They have the biggest andbest ships and fortifications. They may have an allience with the Black falcons giving them an advantage in manpower, however even if this were not the case I would still consider them the strongest.

2nd place: Crusaders. They have the most soldiers and siege weapons. They have soldiers of every type but lack some of the punch of the black knights. Also they may be too noble to do some of the necisary dirty work.

3rd place: Suprisingly royal knights. Now before everyone gets up-in-arms about this let's look over their assets. They apear to have a good figure count. They have diverse forces with about every form of soldier. The castle is one of the biggest and is reasonably defensible. From looking at hemlock stronghold it seems that they have ana alliance with the forest men/dark forest. Lastly they have a king. He can lead them and give tactical dissisions. Their would be no squabeling dukes messing things up.

So theirs my view. In forth and place I sould put forest men, for size and tactics, and black falcons, for forces siege weapons and possible alliance with the black knights.

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

What you guys said about the Forestmen is all true, but how are they going to take the Castles? You can't just hide in the forest all year long and win a war. In total war, where you aren't just defending your territory, you also have to take the opposing faction's fortress. I just don't see how the Forestmen would do this. Outside of the forest they would be slaughtered by heavy or even light cavalry, and unless they somehow got into the castle unseen I don't think they could take it over.
Oh, and shadowviking the Black Knights don't have dragons, that would be the Dragon Masters.
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

PunkRockCowboy wrote:What you guys said about the Forestmen is all true, but how are they going to take the Castles?
They could camp outside the castles while the enamy is at their weakest and starve them out. They probably have the best servailence and scouts so they would know when a fortification is lacking in soldiers and/or food and water.

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

However thier lack of siege equipment make them very easy prey...
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

PunkRockCowboy wrote:What you guys said about the Forestmen is all true, but how are they going to take the Castles? You can't just hide in the forest all year long and win a war. In total war, where you aren't just defending your territory, you also have to take the opposing faction's fortress. I just don't see how the Forestmen would do this. Outside of the forest they would be slaughtered by heavy or even light cavalry, and unless they somehow got into the castle unseen I don't think they could take it over.

Sneak into the castle using their smaller numbers and great stealth, than quietly eliminate the leader of the Fort/Castle/whatever, and do the same to every new leader who pops up, steal food and money 'til the Castle-dwellers starve... the usual drill. Trust me, they could.
PunkRockCowboy wrote:Oh, and Shadowviking the Black Knights don't have dragons, that would be the Dragon Masters.
Err... I was testing you? :roll: :P
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

1. Black Knights
2. Black Falcons
3. Crusaders

They are all powerful nations. But I also think forrest men have the element
of surprise, trees, and they know their land well. No body can transport siege
weapons through the forrest, or it would be really hard.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn