KK1
3%
Bulls
2%

Total votes: 244

Lord Felix
Landlord

Post by Lord Felix »

architect wrote:The Lion Knights/Crusaders would win because they have more men, siege weapons/vehicles, and buildings than any other theme. Plus the civilians are on their side (6040, 6041, 6067).

Ben
That's what I was thinking...
For fortifications, totally Black Knights. However, just useing the SET figure counts, Crusaders would out number everyone, and would have 4 castles! :lol:

Wolfpack would get totaled. Only 5 or 6 figures in the whole line :lol:
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dandin]Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8499398@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/candlemusic]My Band: Candle[/url]
Horak the Great
Peasant

On Second Thoughts...

Post by Horak the Great »

My knee jerk reaction was to say Black Knights... which I voted in the poll for. But then it occurred to me (being a history buff), this is completely contingent upon where the battle is/battles are taking place among several other variables. For example, the Black Knights stand no chance in a battlefield that is essentially a mudpit. If this were the case, once the Knight is knocked off his horse, I would say he's a goner. Case in point, the Battle of Agincourt. Seemingly insurmountable odds, yet victory for the English.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Lord Felix wrote:However, just useing the SET figure counts, Crusaders would out number everyone, and would have 4 castles!
4 Castles?

Bye
Jojo
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Re: On Second Thoughts...

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

Horak the Great wrote:My knee jerk reaction was to say Black Knights... which I voted in the poll for. But then it occurred to me (being a history buff), this is completely contingent upon where the battle is/battles are taking place among several other variables. For example, the Black Knights stand no chance in a battlefield that is essentially a mudpit. If this were the case, once the Knight is knocked off his horse, I would say he's a goner. Case in point, the Battle of Agincourt. Seemingly insurmountable odds, yet victory for the English.
Yeah, but they'd still have 20 infantrymen, 11 archers, and a catapult left.
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

Lego castle seems to be set somewhere in 1000-1300 Europe. That is the age of domination by heavy calvary. Seeing as the black knights have the most I'd go with them. Also siege craft in this period was pretty pathetic so the Black Knights two large castles would be nearly impossible to take.

Forestmen seem like they'd be good only at a defensive war. Lack of armor and equipment would take it's toil in a war/battle.
Lord Felix
Landlord

Post by Lord Felix »

Jojo wrote:Hello!

Lord Felix wrote:However, just useing the SET figure counts, Crusaders would out number everyone, and would have 4 castles!
4 Castles?

Bye
Jojo
6080, 6073, 6081, and if you combine all the "wall sets" I would count those as a castle, too.

Black knights have two castles.
They have less men.

you get my point.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dandin]Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8499398@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/candlemusic]My Band: Candle[/url]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Lord Felix wrote:6080, 6073, 6081, and if you combine all the "wall sets" I would count those as a castle, too.
Ah, I see. 6073 isn’t a Lion Knights’ castle, though. However, I'm with you when it comes to the several castle wall sections (6040, 6041, 6061, 6067 – the 6062-section seems to be Blackfalconian). They definitly add to the Lions’ advantage.

Black knights have two castles.
They have less men.
you get my point.
Yep. I still don't see why everybody names the Black Knights, either.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Personally I'd classify Historical Castle in a different reality from Fantasy Castle if I were to have a war between factions. I just don't see the realism of the Crusader & Black Falcons period coinciding with Dragon Masters & Fright Knights. They would never meet.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Shroud9
Peasant

Post by Shroud9 »

Emp.Justinian wrote:Thinking about it I have made a list of my top three factions.

3rd place: Suprisingly royal knights. Now before everyone gets up-in-arms about this let's look over their assets. They apear to have a good figure count. They have diverse forces with about every form of soldier. The castle is one of the biggest and is reasonably defensible. From looking at hemlock stronghold it seems that they have ana alliance with the forest men/dark forest. Lastly they have a king. He can lead them and give tactical dissisions. Their would be no squabeling dukes messing things up.

God speed

Emp.Justinian
I agree with you completely on your points about the Royal Knights!

I'm surprised that the Royal Knights aren't higher in the ranking system?
They are a very solid force and seriously well rounded, and a King is a great motivating and organizing force!

They should be in every ones top 5 !!!

But the real reason i'm writing is to propose the inclusion of an Undead faction.. now work with me here, because this is not too off-topic... with the inclusion on the new Castle line coming this summer, the Undead finally have a banner to fight under.

:idea: So just think about it??? :idea:

[::: UnDead:::]

How many sets have skeletons and ghosts in them, and add them to the new Undead line led by the dark Wizard/Wrath Lord.

They may have a swarm that could overwhelm, by force of numbers, any Castle army created?

So... i just wanted to know what others think about the Undead and their possible inclusion in this Factions War!

... i personally would vote for them if they were in the polls!
(They should definitely be in the top 4)
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• -=Richard=-
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

But the real reason i'm writing is to propose the inclusion of an Undead faction.. now work with me here, because this is not too off-topic... with the inclusion on the new Castle line coming this summer, the Undead finally have a banner to fight under.
How many sets have skeletons and ghosts in them, and add them to the new Undead line led by the dark Wizard/Wrath Lord.
They may have a swarm that could overwhelm, by force of numbers, any Castle army created?
You have a few good points there, especially of them uniting for the first time in lego history! The thing is that it isn't out yet, so we can't count them towards anything. I guess what Im trying to really say is, we don't know their amount of troops yet, it could be any number of men (or skeletons).
Shroud9
Peasant

Post by Shroud9 »

Shroud9 wrote:
Emp.Justinian wrote:Thinking about it I have made a list of my top three factions.

3rd place: Suprisingly royal knights. Now before everyone gets up-in-arms about this let's look over their assets. They apear to have a good figure count. They have diverse forces with about every form of soldier. The castle is one of the biggest and is reasonably defensible.
God speed
Emp.Justinian
I agree with you completely on your points about the Royal Knights!

:idea: So just think about it??? :idea:

[::: UnDead:::]

(They should definitely be in the top 4)
:idea: I just read in the "Castle 2007 Consolidation thread" that the Undead now have a ship... (7029, Skeleton Ship Attack)

...C'mon, now i think this faction is really coming together, before the Undead were just a few wide ranging skeletons and ghosts wandering around pointlessly. :lol: :wink:

(Although i know a lot of us felt that there was some darker motivating force behind their inclusion in almost every set)

But now... now each of these once singular skeletons can be brought under the new Undead banner, it's like all those sets that had just one ForestMan, or one WolfPack... they still have a force, so why shouldn't all the Skeletons and Ghosts be assumed to now be a legitimate part of the new 2007 Undead force?!?
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
Shroud9
Peasant

Post by Shroud9 »

Blue Head wrote:
You have a few good points there, especially of them uniting for the first time in lego history! The thing is that it isn't out yet, so we can't count them towards anything. I guess what Im trying to really say is, we don't know their amount of troops yet, it could be any number of men (or skeletons).

YES... yes, i love that concept!!!!

"uniting for the first time in lego history!"

The Undead faction is here.

At my count, with the newly announced ship, there are 18 Undead for 2007:

1 Dark Wizard/Wrath Lord

2 mounted knights, one light, one heavy

2 dragons, one dragon rider

1 ship, 1 siege catapult, 1 chariot

1 cross-bowman (Undead with a range weapon, this is deadly, the first force with long range assult that can stand getting hit by other arrows and taking little if no casualties...perfect for a protracted siege)

13 well armed skeletons

30 unarmed hoard skeletons (now i'm just guessing at this number)

10 ghosts (another guess)

Does anyone know the actual number of skeletons and ghosts in all Castle sets :?:
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Very good points shroud9, welcome to CC! :D The obvious question again is how to kill something that is alreadsy dead, scientist have the same problem with distroying viruses. Also the new crown knights faction looks fairly poweful. Though they are still in their first year, they are well armed and armored. The knights look tough and they have a king. the fact that they have the biggest (and IMO best/most defensible) castle. God siege weapons too.

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Emp.Justinian wrote:Very good points shroud9, welcome to CC! :D The obvious question again is how to kill something that is alreadsy dead,
I would say that probable dismembering is called for, although just cutting off their heads might works. It depends on the spells used by the necromancer. :)

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

kelderic wrote:
Emp.Justinian wrote:Very good points shroud9, welcome to CC! :D The obvious question again is how to kill something that is alreadsy dead,
I would say that probable dismembering is called for, although just cutting off their heads might works. It depends on the spells used by the necromancer. :)

Kelderic
Acid... that is all Im going to say... and a good wizard...