Exclusive Set Review: 7094 King's Castle Siege

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

I started putting mine together last night as a break from term papers. Its not done yet, so that part will have to wait.
I did see something kinda funny though. The king looks an awful lot like a viking...

Link-town!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

did you somehow not get the skeletons?
pwnage
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

wunztwice wrote:I started putting mine together last night as a break from term papers. Its not done yet, so that part will have to wait.
I did see something kinda funny though. The king looks an awful lot like a viking...

Link-town!
That makes sense, many a Viking was vaulted to lordship over peoples of continental or island Europe in the period of Viking expansion and exploration.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Count Blacktron wrote:
wunztwice wrote:I started putting mine together last night as a break from term papers. Its not done yet, so that part will have to wait.

Link-town!
That makes sense, many a Viking was vaulted to lordship over peoples of continental or island Europe in the period of Viking expansion and exploration.
In fact the Normans (who conquored england) were of viking decent. They just setteled in france, and later England.

God's speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

Not to bring up a month-old thread, but I really do like this castle quite a bit. I have 2 so far and I have already changed the portacullis (put a door and tower on it) and lengthened the walls. Not too sure how to fix the keep since that large tower thingy is definitely not staying. But I really like the rear tower to the right and have built an identical one on the left.

I took off the catapult from the rampart and have the catapults from the smaller set on the inside. So there's plenty of room for troops on the battlements. Quite a good set, especially if modified.
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

If LEGO released only parts of this set, like step 3 with step 1 excluding the dragon, king and skeletons as S@H builder basics or somesuch, that would be enough. I am just getting to build it now (as I watch Kingdom of Heaven) and I am stunned! In my building experience I have never seen an official LEGO Castle themed set with this much attention to detail. It's as if an AFOL who always wished they could design a castle for LEGO had full rein of the project (within a budget). The last time I had this much fun was with my personal favorite, 6081 King's Mountain Fortress. Oh this is good.

Excellent job LEGO, keep 'em coming of this quality. And add some service packs!!! :idea:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

All in all, I thought this set was pretty good. My biggest dislike is that it is build on (really narrow) plates, rather than on baseplates. Also, I don't really like the catapults everywhere. The swivel bridge and that goofy tower thing on the back tower just seem silly and aren't good for anything other than increasing the piece count with pieces I won't use. The dungeon seems half-assed and was a big disappointment. I'm also not fond of the dragon or the porticullis piece.

Oh, and I really really hate the stickers...

I'm pretty neutral about the train windows used as arrow slits. They work, but they just don't feel right to me.

The figures are good. Though one more shield would have been better. The multi-colored BURPS are nice and will be useful. I also really like the breakaway wall.

I'd definately snag a second one, if it were on sale... and I'd give it an 7.5/10

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
sirJacob
Laborer

Re: Exclusive Set Review: 7094 King's Castle Siege

Post by sirJacob »

i have a question for u guys, im planning to buy an other kings castle siege 7094 and the medival market village 10193 but i can't afford both at the same time, so which one will lego stop producing earlier?
10193 is a exclusive set but 7094 is quite old!
and i have to have them both and i can't buy one and realise they don't have the other anymore!
thank you!
[url]http://www.shop-24.fi[/url]
Brik Masta
Foot Soldier

Post by Brik Masta »

sirJacob wrote:i have a question for u guys, im planning to buy an other kings castle siege 7094 and the medival market village 10193 but i can't afford both at the same time, so which one will lego stop producing earlier?
10193 is a exclusive set but 7094 is quite old!
and i have to have them both and i can't buy one and realise they don't have the other anymore!
thank you!
I don't think they'll get rid of either anytime soon so my recommendation is get the one you want more. The Castle Siege is great for for getting a lot of the bley bricks, good for building castle walls and buildings. The Medieval Market Place has a lot of pieces for building peasant houses, wooden structures, etc.; not to mention all the accessories. Though I'd get a second opinion if I were you because others have watched the LEGO market longer than me.
sirJacob
Laborer

Post by sirJacob »

thank u brik masta!
now i can go to sleap without fearing the sets will be gone tomorow!
as i said earlier i'm going to buy both but i was just unsure which on i'm going to buy first!
thank you
jacob
[url]http://www.shop-24.fi[/url]