I jumped for joy!
19%
I was looking to order this set on Shop at Home
6%
You cant fool me! oh wait you did :(
25%
I was skeptical but went along anyway.
19%
I check my calendar and knew this was fake.
31%

Total votes: 36

architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

For those who do not know - It is fairly common practice for a few of the online Lego fan sites to have a April Fools day prank. The sites can be trusted all of the other days of the year. The CC admins were unaware of the fake "grey tub" prank just like you. That was made, I think by a German fan, and posted on 1000Steine.de and lugnet.com

We congratulate all of the smart people out there who are skeptical :wink: Legends usually arent sold by distributors or at non-LEGO store outlets. So that was an obvious tip off.

The legend box (waits to be contacted by LEGO lawyers :? ) was quite similar to the layout of the Black Falcon's Fortress legend box. Other than some fuzzyness in the text, this is probably quite similar to what a real 6062 legend box would look like.

The CC Admins would like to reassure all CC members that we will continue to give clear and accurate information year round (except possibly on April Fools day). If you are concerned with our foolery, please state so in a calm and pleasant manner in a post or email and we can respond.

Thanks!
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

David Girard wrote:You fooled me, because, usually, you don't put rumors on front page. You only put verified information, usually. :?
For exactly that reason I figured something was up. Knowing how rabid the admins are to keep this site clean of rumours, the reference to a "toy distributors site" was a big red flag. Then I checked the date/time that the message was posted: a few minutes after midnight, a few minutes into April Fool's Day. Dead giveaway.

That being said, I echo the sentiments of many in this thread that this set would be a great Legends set.

Oh, and the tub would be awesome too (therefore it'll never happen :cry: )

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

Totally got me.

It would, BTW make an EXCELLENT Legends reissue.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

You got me for a bit there. I had forgotton the date and I was estatic. I then walked off figured it out and posted again.

Oh well. Wish lego would take a hint though.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

I actually got fooled by the gray tub. :evil: After realizing the date, I didn't believe anything else I read about on April 1st - especially if it fell into the "too good to be true" category.

-Bryan
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Ben E.

actually I said: WOW, oh my God, Ben plan worked
I never thought Ben had such a big influence on Jake
he said we'll organise a patation but I never saw one, and it was wierd
because I thought wait TLC is gonna reLEGEND 6086.
It was only a few seconds after I saw the tub which actually looked much more appealing then 6062.

The only good thing is that I didn't have time all day to read those stuff, so 30 sec. after my hopes rose I already read that it was a prank. So at least it wasn't for a long time.
Anonym0us
Villein

Post by Anonym0us »

I went through the whole day knowing it was April 1 and anticipating a prank or joke. Nothing happened all day until I saw your cruel joke. I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not. But I just decided to go along with it. And it turns out it was a joke!
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I believed that the Legend was real, at first. After all, Lego has been putting out some great Legends lately... why not this one? Then I read the first few replies and figured it probably was a prank. By the time I saw the grey tub, I was convinced that it was indeed a joke. Either one of these would be an excellent addition to the Lego line, though.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Nope, it was too obvious. I mean right on April Fools Day? Pah! However, if you used the Black Knights Castle 6086 and said that it'll become a Legends when its not.... you'd be in very deep MegaBlocks. :twisted:
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

As first, I thought it was too good to be true. I really thought that the 6086 is the one. But when I saw the tub, I knew this was a joke. :(

Erwin
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Well, I was fooled. At first I refused to believe that the admins would actually do that. When I found out that it was a joke I was very concerned. I'm generally a good sport, though, and have gotten over that. So now I can laugh along with you. :lol: I must say, well done, Mr. Ellermann.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Maybe if I was still a Dung Farmer you would have fooled me. Now that I'm a Freeman, nothing escapes my notice.

:wink:

I personally wouldn't pick this set to be a legend. I would much rather pick a set with rare pieces, such as the original Blacksmith Shop, or the Black Falcon Catapult.