Another "Villain" Poll

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

Who in your opinion is stronger of the two: Majisto or the Necromacer.

Majisto
48%
Necromancer
52%

Total votes: 104

Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

Ah sure, tell me i'm stupid. As usual...

Idk really what those two guys are, but i think i know them kinda.. And the undead are crazy so yah :P
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I find the arguements for one Wizard or the other academic. True, one can sum up how lego portrays each of them(army count, dragon count) but then how do you assign power values to each others dragons for example? Is the necro's dragons more powerful because they are bigger? If the Necro's dragons are evil then does the Necro actually control them or are the dragons working as partners or simply working for their own interests which happen to be the same as the necromancer's?

My point is that there are so many ways to describe Majisto and the Necromancer. I never really thought of Majisto as evil per say. The dragon knights I have defined as niether "all good" nor "all evil" but one or the other depending on the situation. This is how I define them; the next person might have them "all evil" bent on world domination. The Necromancer I'll most likely have as evil but am going to take some time to gauge his power.

For "Majisto" I have sparated his figure out from the dragon knights. I use his figure for a group of wizards that are "all good" These blue wizards are again how I define them in my castle world. I have a group of red wizards that are most definately evil. :twisted: But thats my castle world.

All of the posts discussion gives some good examples of how these two, Majisto and the Necromencer, can be defined but I would let people make up their own mind.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:but I would let people make up their own mind.
Of course, I think the whole point of this thread is to post which you consider the more powerful wizard based on your own lego world.
I voted for Majisto because Dragon Masters are much more plentiful in my collection than the Undead. Therefor in "my world" Majisto is much more powerful with a much greater army and more castles.
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

OK that makes sense. Yeah i have a lot of undead and skeletons, etc. that would be under a necromancer's control i suppose; any human knights are under my King's defense. (excluding the vikings, barbarians, evil knights etc.)
Shoes
Laborer

Post by Shoes »

Necromancers will school a majisto. Necromancers would probally eat the majisto anyway... ewww...

-shoes
When life gives you lemons... Throw 'em back and demand for chocolate!

Fact: I'm faster than 80% of all snakes
The Wolfpack Boss
Freeman

Re:

Post by The Wolfpack Boss »

Majisto's magic allows him to what, toss a few fireballs and tame smallish sized dragons for riding? Create trinkets in his workshop?

Come on man, the Necromancer can raise armies of the dead to do battle, and seems to have lightning magic at his disposal too! And his dragons would toast Majisto's little "cavalry" dragons.

And while we're at it ... Willa the Witch has magic enough to tame small dragons ... but beyond that what can she do? Willa looks in crystal balls and brews cauldrons. That's good, witchy stuff, but divination and potion-making aren't exactly arcane magic. If this poll had an option for her she'd take bronze, but I thought she deserved honorable mentions.
Harbourmaster's Office
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/4033675 ... 8cb1_t.jpg[/img]
(More at Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/8273684@N02/4033675910/[/url])
shadowknight94
Villein

Post by shadowknight94 »

I must currently vote for Majisto, since he controls the Dragon Masters which are humans, and are strong warriors. Undead skeletons, on the other hand, are mindless, wandering "things" and can do nothing but walk forward and sometimes strike with a weapon. And the giant dragons? Those are megablocksy-looking and probably have a will of their own. Therefore, I cast my vote, and Majisto is my choice.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... owknight94
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

shadowknight94 wrote:I must currently vote for Majisto, since he controls the Dragon Masters which are humans, and are strong warriors. Undead skeletons, on the other hand, are mindless, wandering "things" and can do nothing but walk forward and sometimes strike with a weapon. And the giant dragons? Those are megablocksy-looking and probably have a will of their own. Therefore, I cast my vote, and Majisto is my choice.
Hmm... You do have a point, I have to agree with you.
jokkna
Goat Brigade

Post by jokkna »

Well the Majisto ruled the dragon masters and wasn't he the first wizard Lego made? Therfor he is the father of all wizards. And he could teach the necromancer a lesson or two.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

These poll is extremely close - actually when I voted, the polls showed an even percentage of votes for both of them.

I voted for the Necromancer, only because the word itself sounds cool, and now the Necromancer is winning by one vote. 8)

gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: Another "Villain" Poll

Post by gormadoc1 »

I think majisto is stronger because he's like gandalf, if he is struck down he will continue his work and he wont do anything to harm his allies, I shall call them, The necromancer is evil like saruman and has been twisted. :)
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
Shroud9
Peasant

Re:

Post by Shroud9 »

PunkRockCowboy wrote:
Jojo wrote: Majisto didn’t controll an army of undead, but he had an army of living men. Personally I never encountered any undead but I’m pretty sure they have their own weak spot, too. Maybe sunlight, maybe water, maybe fire. There must be something to stop them. At least undead don’t have any will nor intelligence, they only react to their masters will. That’s the huge advantage of human beings (alive): They are able to think and make decisions.
Very good point, and that's exactly why certain armies have won certain battles/wars in the past, their individual soldiers were much better at making decisions for themselves in the event of an officer's death.
Sir Kohran wrote: Majisto/Merlin was never developed beyond a basic wizard with some magic powers. He was implied to be the leader of the Dragon Masters and the enemy of both the Black Knights and perhaps also the Royal Knights. He appears to have defeated the black Knights, because after Majisto/The Dragon Masters' introduction in 1993, no more Black Knight sets were produced. However, Royal Knight sets continued to be produced after the Dragon Masters disappeared (1996), so presumably Majisto was defeated by the Royal King. So whilst he definitely had power, he was not that great.
I do like to think that because a certain faction has less troops as time runs out that that faction is dying out/being taken over by another faction, but that doesn't always make sense. According to your logic the Fright Knights would have to be the most powerful faction in all of legoland then, since after all they defeated both Dark Forest and the Royal Knights who in turn defeated the Dragon Masters who in turn defeated the Black Knights and Wolfpack... etc. etc. And I don't think that anyone sane would agree that the Fright Knights were the most powerful faction.

So what are my thoughts on the topic? First of all, Majisto commands a much more powerful army than the new wizard. The size of the undead army reflects directly upon the power of the new Wizard as there is no other way to have an army of skeletons unless you are using magical power. I know that everyone has this idea of a giant horde of skeletons, but it's just not there, there is a moderate amount of undead, but nothing truly that impressive. To the new magician's credit the line has just been started, but even so, when you compare their numbers to other faction's first years it's still only fair to average.
As I've counted there are 2 cavalry, 8 infantry, 4 pirates, and 1 archer under the command of the new wizard. Majisto commands 4 cavalry (+1 chariot), 13 infantry, and 5 archers (+1 crossbow cart), a much superior force.
The size of the dragons is in favor of the new wizard, but majisto's team seems to have everything under control, they have dragon wagons and layers and caves where as the undead army's dragons have nothing like that and so it would be a lot harder to control their dragons, magic or not.
With that in mind Majisto overall seems a lot more organized than the new wizard. What if the Skeleton Tower is taken over by the Crown Knights? Where will the new wizard set up base? Back in 1993 Majisto already had two fortresses and a secret shop that he could use. Where are the undead army's siege engines, catapults, and archers? It appears that they rely on brute force, but how can that be successful without numbers?

I know that the new wizard looks cool and all, and his army is very scary, but I'm going to have to go with Majisto. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. Perhaps the new wizard knows more magic than Majisto, but he doesn't have things planned out well and he's not very organized, and if he can't even match the numbers of non magical kingdoms first years (ie crusaders) when he's got magic on his side you've gotta really think "Just how powerful is this guy anyway?".

To parallel the thoughts of this beautiful logic, i must add, Majisto seems to come form a much harsher world, full of far deadlier fire-breathing Dragons and armor-piercing crossbow bolts. This environment, which Majisto has command over, would seem to give him a tactical advantage over the current fantasy world of fluffy Crown knights.

Old skool Majisto would suck the energy outta that false-majik user and leave the Necromancer as useless as the skeleton hord is mindless.

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• -=Richard=-
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

I think the Necromancer is stronger...after all he keeps reviving these long dead threads...

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

JoshWedin wrote:I think the Necromancer is stronger...after all he keeps reviving these long dead threads...
Ah, true, but does not Majisto have the power to banish said necromancers? :raiseone:

:wink:
Kevin1990
Grounded

Post by Kevin1990 »

Good guys always win :D
thats all I have to say :P
[url=http://www.brickmania.com/community/]Top Poster on Brickmania[/url]
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/feedback.asp?u=Kevin1990]Proud Briclinker[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Kevin1990]Brickshelf[/url]