Another "Villain" Poll

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

Who in your opinion is stronger of the two: Majisto or the Necromacer.

Majisto
48%
Necromancer
52%

Total votes: 104

Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

LORD DOOM wrote:What about the fact that Majisto seemed to be able to control huge fearsome dragons while this new guy can only revive crumbly old' skellies?
What about the fact that this new guy has two much bigger dragons himself? :P

- Matt
Ianan
Villein

Post by Ianan »

I chose Majisto because of his "Gandalf" qualities, and as we all know (I hope) Gandalf was the guy who defeated the dark wizard, Saruman/necromancer.
I have broken it.
And I live from bane.
Shade.
The system, reeling.
AdjutantReflex
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

The new Necromancer seems to be the more powerful one of the two choices. His army is the skeletons that are more powerful than the previous incarnations aka more secure arms on the recent skeletons. Also the skeletons are well armed and they have bony steeds. The Necromancer also has two pretty beefy dragons at his disposal as well. To me that seems to swing the power factor towards the Necromancer. I always thought of Majisto as the Dragaon Master's wacky wizard who supplied them with potions and other items. Sort of like Orko from the "He-Man" series. Both characters have their merits, but the Necromancer seems to be all business. That is the business of being the evil!
Last edited by Coatsy on Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I think Majisto is more powerful, because he controlled dragons, and the necromancy just does skellies. My question with this whoe thread, though, is why did you put the title as Villains? Majisto was not evil.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Odysseus
Laborer

Post by Odysseus »

kelderic wrote:I think Majisto is more powerful, because he controlled dragons, and the necromancy just does skellies. My question with this whoe thread, though, is why did you put the title as Villains? Majisto was not evil.

Kelderic
The Necromancer has 2 big dragons.
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Thanks for all the replies everyone! It was very interesting to see what you all had to say. I am surprised that many of you went with Majisto and I now see why.
kelderic wrote:My question with this whoe thread, though, is why did you put the title as Villains? Majisto was not evil.
I was thinking in the perspective of the Black Knights, Majisto's rival.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Ianan wrote:I chose Majisto because of his "Gandalf" qualities, and as we all know (I hope) Gandalf was the guy who defeated the dark wizard, Saruman/necromancer.
This is an interesting point I had not considered, but a good one too~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Donut wrote:Thanks for all the replies everyone! It was very interesting to see what you all had to say. I am surprised that many of you went with Majisto and I now see why.
kelderic wrote:My question with this whoe thread, though, is why did you put the title as Villains? Majisto was not evil.
Did Lego ever officially say whether Majisto was good or evil?

- Matt
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Sir Kohran wrote:
Donut wrote:Thanks for all the replies everyone! It was very interesting to see what you all had to say. I am surprised that many of you went with Majisto and I now see why.
Did Lego ever officially say whether Majisto was good or evil?

- Matt
I haven't been able to find anything saying that, and if anything, it would be his rivels, the Black Knights, who are evil, making him good.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

I'm going with Majisto....because as shroud9 put it...He's blue. :) I've never used Majisto as a villian. He's my Lego version of Merlin and Gandalf, sorta. We haven't seen all that the Necromancer is capable of, but I'm just focusing on the one on one aspect. I also wasn't taking into account who could control dragons. If one had control over the viking styled dragons well...that's another story. A really cool idea would be if TLC included Majisto vs. the Necromancer in one of the new sets.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

I'm shocked that majisto is winning this so far. Then again, the necromancer is quite new. Anyhow, a necromancer always has troops, especially the wraiths on wings!
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I say the Necromancer.

Majisto and Willa the Witch only controlled dragons.

Necromancer on the other hand controls dragons (bigger ones), skeleton warriors, "thestrals", and now trolls.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
doodstormer
Bailiff

Post by doodstormer »

Definitely Majisto. he is the goodguy, the evil necromancer is the badguy. Majisto could knock the necromancer around easily.
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

I picked Necromancer; who is more powerful than a man with an army of undead!
Pallando the Blue
Freeman

Post by Pallando the Blue »

I picked Majisto. The NEcromancer is just stupid to me. Maybe it's also because of my overall dislike of the Undead faction...But Majisto is smart enough to recruit humans...that is, beings with muscle and sinew that can lift a sword rather than just fall over. Plus he doesn't need the biggest dragons, because he himself is stronger. And it's all about which of the two is stronger, not their armies.

Oh, and there's the LEGO poster that shows the Dragon Masters and Majisto fighting the Royal Knights...that could make him evil.