impulse sets?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

These sets have the potential for greatness, if they include enough pieces to make them worth the price. I, like Anthony, would love another 6009 - a cool fig, a reasonable assortment of accessories, and a few bricks with a set of doors or something similar.

Thanks for the heads up!

D-Man
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I am confused, is this a wish list, or has someone actually seen these sets. That link to Eurobricks doesn't have any links itself.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

kelderic wrote:I am confused, is this a wish list, or has someone actually seen these sets. That link to Eurobricks doesn't have any links itself.

Kelderic
They were part of set lists found (supposedly) on Lego's cache. They are probably real...Part of the list (not here) are a few Indy sets, and other miscellaneous themes.

There are no images tied to them yet that the public can see.

Overall, though these (and other sets on the list) look promising. I'm looking forward to seeing what these are really like. $3-5 (roughly) sets?!?! How long has it been?
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
legobear
Villein

Post by legobear »

I'm really excited about the the knight and wizard set. I wonder if the knight will utilize the same royal crown emblem or something entirely different. I really hope they're not going to sell the EXACT same crown knight with the helm and shield because if they do, I already have too much of those; which would make impulsive buying into something repulsive :? Give it a minor change in a way that can't be purchased in the already existing sets and it would get us army builders to perhaps buy 10 or more :wink: And the wizard, no matter how he comes out, since he's the good wizard, I know I'm getting him even if the pics aren't out yet :D
legobear
Villein

Post by legobear »

Spongey wrote:I like the idea of these sets, but I'd have preferred having generic soldiers instead of knights, for army building purposes.
Is it reasonable to say that the impulse knight set will come with a "soldier" knight? The reason I'm saying this is because Lego calls their Final Joust Knight a "Great Knight." The impulse set is simply called "the Knight" which could point to "soldiers" or as Lego calls it....."knights." Knights according to lego have those coney helms found in crossbow attack.
Tanotrooper
Gentleman

Post by Tanotrooper »

Something like this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Rober ... 4/1464.jpg

or that single fire fighter figure in a similar bag (cant seem to find a pic on BS)

here we are:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?S=7266-1

for 3€, a knight with small acc is really cheap!

TT
my brickshelf gallery:
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tanotrooper[/url]

Please take a look at my TTfigs:
[url]http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=15[/url]
Mikael-o
Villein

Post by Mikael-o »

I wonder if there's any chance that the good magician might have an unusual coloured hat (i.e. not black, blue or purple). I'd love a dark green, or the dark blue they're using from the new sets ...

Wohoo! Good Magician! Kel.
Jibbajaba
Laborer

Post by Jibbajaba »

If the knight is a pretty good looking fig and comes with a couple of nice accessories, then this would be a great army builder. When I was a kid I would have bought one of each of a set like this just to have the set, so I never bought several of the super cheap sets back then (which I regret now, as I would really like to have more of the old minifigs). Hopefully these are nice sets and I can use them to build up a larger army.

Chris
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Hasn't Lego always had such sets? Impulse isn't a theme, it's a sales category. It refers to anything that hangs in the checkout aisle. You've got what you came for, you're in line--wait! Here's a $1.99 Lego set with a wizard! On an impulse you throw it into the cart and buy it.

The sets from the 80's and 90's were good army and weapon builders. The Black Knight (6009, is that right?) is a great example. I got 15 or so of those, and I still have way too many black visors on grey helms. Bring these on!
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Bear
Peasant

Post by Bear »

I love just the thought of these. I was really disappointed in the Knights Kingdom Horse head thing-a-magigger. Anyone know when we can expect them?
legobear
Villein

Post by legobear »

6009 was my first castle figure. Whenever someone mentions 6009, all I can remember are fond memories of playing with it as a child. I just could not believe there was a mini knight in front of my eyes, with a helm, shield, accessory of weapons, etc. Lego planted the seed of consumerism in me that day, it worked, and it still works. :P
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

I can't wait... the KKII impulse sets (as you guys call them) really sucked. A good magician and a knight would be great. I remember the Dragon Knights' crossbow cart... I bought like twenty!
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
Escape The Fate
Foot Soldier

Post by Escape The Fate »

i agree with the blue monarch completly, lets keep hoping lego continues what has been doing this year :D
legobear
Villein

Post by legobear »

legobear wrote:
Spongey wrote:I like the idea of these sets, but I'd have preferred having generic soldiers instead of knights, for army building purposes.
Is it reasonable to say that the impulse knight set will come with a "soldier" knight? The reason I'm saying this is because Lego calls their Final Joust Knight a "Great Knight." The impulse set is simply called "the Knight" which could point to "soldiers" or as Lego calls it....."knights." Knights according to lego have those coney helms found in crossbow attack.
The developers of the castle 07 line stated "In the meantime we are launching some small impulse purchase items which include one minifigure plus accessories (as you have already heard from Eurobricks), one of them at least should help with your Army building… as he is a soldier with a new torso and accessories" which possibly means that it could indeed be a soldier and not a "knight." Perhaps what I said while ago was right :shock:
Shoes
Laborer

Post by Shoes »

Hmm... Interesting, it seems to me a little expensive for just one person.
When life gives you lemons... Throw 'em back and demand for chocolate!

Fact: I'm faster than 80% of all snakes