Weekly Set Review: Castle Mini Figures

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Now this is a classic! One of my first castle-sets, my parents got it for me during a vacation to Denmark in the early 90.s

The only thing that I can complain about is...
well nothing really, it´s simple but perfect! :D

Love that peasant guy, he´s a nice touch!

Maybe it can be a legend in combo with som other small sets?
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

Good Idea old chap! Sorry, got a bit funny there. Really, that is a good idea! Combo pack of minifigs and small vehicles. Maybe they need to produce redesigned legends in the style of the golden years!
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
brian
Freeman

Post by brian »

By far the best minifig pack ever! I wish that LEGO would come out with supporting packs like this. Peasants, two factions, and weapons. I need a time machine for this one, I remember seeing them and thinking Oh I can always get these later. I need to go back and slap myself. Also to warn of the upcoming change in gray bricks so I could have begun hording them back then. Awesome set!!! LEGO why have you forsaken us!! :P
" Black Falcon High football team rules!"
The Wolfpack Boss
Freeman

Sweet

Post by The Wolfpack Boss »

There's nothing nicer than a minifig set. It doesn't matter what line it's from, all the sets with a few factions / pirates or soldiers / and so forth, are all great.

The day they stopped coming was a sad, sad day. I remember still being able to get Black Falcons like five years after Black Falcon sets stopped being sold because these little things were still in a ton of stores. Fantastic stuff.

And it comes with a peasant! If anything, Lego needed more villagers when it came to Castle.
Harbourmaster's Office
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/4033675 ... 8cb1_t.jpg[/img]
(More at Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/8273684@N02/4033675910/[/url])
Jehkar
Peasant

Post by Jehkar »

I love this set. Great assortment of figures. Too bad i only got 1 of them.
9/10. 9 because I dont like forestmen that much, and I would have like to see another Crusader.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Megablocks followed with him." Revelations 6:8
Pacificus
Villein

Post by Pacificus »

Ah, the source of my original sigfig (Black Falcon swordsman). 10/10, for sentimental reasons. I bought a total of two sets of these figures, and it would be awesome if LEGO reissued it.
PACIFICVS
TheCastle
Peasant

Post by TheCastle »

this is my fave minifig pack i have 10 of them i think maybe more maybe less 10/10
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

It's a classic set. It comes with a good assortment of figures. It was one of only two sources of these infamous pitchforks in Germany. I, however, only got one copy back then. Even if you lived when those cool sets were produced it didn't mean you'd have bought thousands of them :wink:

Bye
Jojo

David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

This is an incredible minifig pack. Lego include all the best things they done in those years:
-Lions
-Falcons
-Forestmen
-Peasant
-Forestmen Shield
-Brown D Basket

That is simply incredible. I don't have it however, and I always hope to have it. It's so amazing. The problem is the value of this set in the market actually. It's sure I'll buy one.

Really nothing to complain. Perfect. :D
10/10
:D
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

oops. I forgot to mention.

The fabulous and incredible "pitchfork".
One of the greatest thing they done.
:D
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

Not much to say, except that Lego needs to really consider making this kind of sets again :x . I love the pitchfork that the villager has, and with 20 of these sets you can make a nifty little army to go with a castle. Definetly a favorite of mine, I would love to own a couple. 10/10.
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Excellent set. Since I rarely collect anything besides minifigures, this set is especially great.
necromancer
Gong Farmer

Post by necromancer »

Good set, minifigs are useful!+++
riggah
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

I was in my dark ages when this set was released. But I would consider this the best Minifig set that Lego has ever produced. I absolutely love the black falcons and the forestmen....fantastic era in castle sets.

Rating: 10/10
DS9
Laborer

Post by DS9 »

I just wish that LEGO made a new set that was simular to this one, it was a great and usefull set. They also can make a new set that contains farmers with equipment. and a civilian pack with just civilians in it. that would be great :D
Crazy.. i was crazy once.. once they put me in a round room with a dot in the corner i liked that dot i counted that dot... one.. one..one..one ..it drove me crazy!! Crazy?!? I was crazy once!!