Review - 7041 - Troll Battle Wheel

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

I receive it yesterday and I build it yesterday night.
It's better than expected even if the building procedure is a bit boring. A lot of pieces, but as someone has said, too many technical parts.
I don't think I'd keep it like this, I would probably use the useful pieces.
There are many pieces that I consider useless for castle building like:
Image, Image, Image,Image
And especially
Image and Image

I would try to sell them, but who's gonna buy them? :cry:

In any case I think it worth the 30euros I gave to LEGO. I like the new brown colour and I really appreciate the abudance of these pieces:
Image (64!!), Image and Image
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]
Sir Prog
Laborer

Re: Review - 7041 - Troll Battle Wheel

Post by Sir Prog »

One word:

Overpriced :mad:
For the King's Castle!
Crusader
Peasant

Post by Crusader »

To date, this set is one of very few sets that my one-year-old daughter can't seem to destroy (yet). She has laid waste to many a good Lego castle, but this wheel of death still rolls without any major repairs. Instead of smashing, she rolls it and smashes other sets with it. I'm amazed that even the little tooth pieces stay on (most of the time).

My five and seven year olds both love to mow down the forces of both good and evil with it. It may not be a realistic set, but it is a fun one.

Granted the build was boring, but the play value is excellent.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K.Chesterton
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Crusader wrote:It may not be a realistic set, but it is a fun one.
I agree.
But then again: What’s realistic about Orcs anyway?

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Tyrant
Villein

Post by Tyrant »

Sir Prog wrote:One word:

Overpriced :mad:
Really? I know there's massive repitition with the parts, but 500+ parts and 5 figures for $40 is usually considered a good deal. Even better if you had ordered it from TLG for $28 while it was on sale for months.

I like the set myself. I have 5 of them. I put 1 together originally. Then I put together the wheels of the second one and I am trying to build some monsterous seige engine that uses those 4 wheels but my designs so far just don't look right. I opened 2 of the others for the parts and figures.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

$508 Pieces priced at $28.98 at Toys R Us stores here in the USA is much better than the original $39.99 (which still wasn't bad). You get three Knights and three Trolls mixed into that parts assortment too; just try to get that part & figure ratio to price in any Star Wars LEGO set and you'll see this is a value. For me, I like the click-hinges for angled roof designs or other non-linear construction.

Everybody in my house was getting some nice Easter gifts so I treated myself to another pair of these sets at TRU's BOGO 50% off sale yesterday, plus a couple coupons I'd been saving. 8)
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Jojo,

I don't know I think I know of some orcs, goblins and trolls living not very far from here.... :lol:

If I could have found it on sale I'd have bought it but it went down a pitiful £4 here and then went right back up at TRU. Not much of a sale, though I get the impression that TRU here does not do many Lego sales. It actually is the only 2008 set I do not own. I think it is OK but the price here was £30 and for what it was did not grab me really.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...