7009 The Final Joust - reversed flag...

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

Lego Knight wrote:My recently purchased 7094 set has the same thing, It looks really wierd on the front spears.
Well put the reversed flag on a different spear...
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
kibosh
Apprentice

Post by kibosh »

Cool! I just got a reversed flag in my Tower Raid set.
ELMAS
Apprentice

Post by ELMAS »

Wow, that's interesting. I'll have to check all my flags :)
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Interesting... I got two reversed flags in my Tower Raid set as well-- one in dark blue, one in gold. The sand green flags were normal.

The interesting part is that the dark blue flag at least is made from a different material, or the color's very poorly matched. Here's the test: I held it up to the light, and I could see through the reversed flag! Then, I went and took a dark blue flag that I got in the Knight's Battle Pack set, and held IT up to the light, but nothing. It was as opaque as ever.

DaveE
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

davee123 wrote:Interesting... I got two reversed flags in my Tower Raid set as well-- one in dark blue, one in gold. The sand green flags were normal.

The interesting part is that the dark blue flag at least is made from a different material, or the color's very poorly matched. Here's the test: I held it up to the light, and I could see through the reversed flag! Then, I went and took a dark blue flag that I got in the Knight's Battle Pack set, and held IT up to the light, but nothing. It was as opaque as ever.

DaveE
Wow :shock:. That's weird.
burkey42
Freeman

Post by burkey42 »

I bought my 6th or 7th Final Joust (7009) on the weekend just gone. Only the gold flag was reversed, and it's the only reversed flag in my collection. I'm not upset because I will use it on my standard that I am building (similar to this: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1963074.)
Castle Lego is my drug of choice.
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Re: 7009 The Final Joust - reversed flag...

Post by dyntar »

I have a few reversed flags.. red, dark blue, gold and sand green.. Had to go back and check them all ..

stupid question from a newbie.. but why is some lego more transparent than others? I got a few sets of 6193 and when i joined them all together size and colour about a 1/3 of them were transparent when i held them up to a light..
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
dyntar wrote:stupid question from a newbie.. but why is some lego more transparent than others? I got a few sets of 6193 and when i joined them all together size and colour about a 1/3 of them were transparent when i held them up to a light..
It's not a stupid question but a serious one. (Though it rather belongs to the General Lego forum).

Lego recently changed their production method. They now mix in the colour pigments during the very process of injecting the raw material (ABS) into the mould. Apparently the outcome is not always the same. I consider this a serious quality issue.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

thanks for the reply jojo. :D

Don't know if anyone else has this.. but my reversed Lego flags have numbers printed on one side of them ..1-09, 4-09, 5-09 and 7-09 and on the other side theres a [copyright symbol] and Lego.
All the old flags have Lego on each side and a mark left from the injection mould.

Looks like these flags could be from a new mould with a month and year stamped on it. [just a guess]
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

dyntar wrote:thanks for the reply jojo. :D

Don't know if anyone else has this.. but my reversed Lego flags have numbers printed on one side of them ..1-09, 4-09, 5-09 and 7-09 and on the other side theres a [copyright symbol] and Lego.
All the old flags have Lego on each side and a mark left from the injection mould.

Looks like these flags could be from a new mould with a month and year stamped on it. [just a guess]
I'll check mine and see what numbers I have. A Lego Quality Engineer explained those numbers to us at Brickfest and BrickCon a couple of years ago. The '09' is the mold number. So, I assume that is Flag Mold 9. The first digit is the cavity number. So that mold has at least 9 cavities for flags. It makes sense that all of yours have 09 on them, since that designates that they all came from the same mold. Seems to indicate that the newest mold was reversed somehow.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]