lego troll warship

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Hey guys, perhaps there is going to be an elf ship!

*drool*
Domino Gloria!
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

timber_wolf899 wrote:Hey guys, perhaps there is going to be an elf ship!

*drool*
Seafaring Elves instead of forestdwellers?

*drool*
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Well could the elves not be both?

I mean if we are thinking LOTR.........

Of course the elf ship would have to be light bluish grey. Ok i'm going to stop this line of thought. Dont want to short out my keyboard from the drool.
Domino Gloria!
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

They could, it just reminded me of a post I had made in the 09 castle sneak peek thread.
Sir Dano wrote:Personally, I like the fact that LEGO is going their own way with the various fantasy races. I know they stereotyped Dwarves, but they didn't stereotype the Orcs/Troll Warriors as primitive brutes, since they're capable of building advanced seige weaponry. Not to mention being one of the first to discover gunpowder(after the Bulls). So I'm hoping they do something different for the Elves and whatever their enemies will be.
Seafaring Elves would defenitely not be stereotyping.(afaik)
Now I better stop or I'll short out my keyboard...
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

sir dano wrote:They could, it just reminded me of a post I had made in the 09 castle sneak peek thread.
Sir Dano wrote:Personally, I like the fact that LEGO is going their own way with the various fantasy races. I know they stereotyped Dwarves, but they didn't stereotype the Orcs/Troll Warriors as primitive brutes, since they're capable of building advanced seige weaponry. Not to mention being one of the first to discover gunpowder(after the Bulls). So I'm hoping they do something different for the Elves and whatever their enemies will be.
Seafaring Elves would defenitely not be stereotyping.(afaik)
Now I better stop or I'll short out my keyboard...
Actually, seafaring elves are pretty stock characters in fiction...if I'm not mistaken.

Good guy ships would be cool. Especially elvish ones.
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
dragonblade24
Apprentice

Post by dragonblade24 »

I agree with all of you about the elves ships just like in lord of the rings that would be amazing if they had sea elves as a function too. :)
1. work!
2. work harder!
3. When all else fails.....BUILD LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we fly to victory!' said the dragon king.
Lord Eor
emoticon patrol

Post by Lord Eor »

dude yeah! This set is sweet! I'm sooo gonna get it!
who ever finds the Golden Sword of the ancient Kings is just a lucky person.
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/11184
Bandit
Laborer

Seafaring elves? Cool!

Post by Bandit »

Literally speaking, seafaring elves would be totally realistic. Elves are masters of wood, right? They use wood bows and wood spears, right? Soooo.... They could obviously make wooden boats, too!
Question: Why do we drive in PARKways and park in DRIVEways?
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

An elven ship would be nice (or a Crownie ship, for that matter.)

Elves certainly are seafaring in the LOTR and The Silmarillion, so an elven ship would be "fantastically accurate", if there is such a term.

Ultimately, though, Lego can produce whatever type of elves they want - if they can be improved, I'm sure someone on this forum will think of it!
<><
Muskey15
Journeyman

Post by Muskey15 »

Aharown wrote:Ultimately, though, Lego can produce whatever type of elves they want - if they can be improved, I'm sure someone on this forum will think of it!
Yes, I agree. Hopefully, they will at least look good

-Muskey
~His Lowness Seamus O'Callaghan of Lenfald~

"You call this archaeology?"

Lenfels ASSEMBLE!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

The evil factions (so misunderstood...) all seem to be highly mobile in the official releases; like ants spilling over onto the prosperous and peaceful kingdom. All the humans seem to be doing is defending. I think given the nature of an Elven forest like we might see in 2009, the Trolls and Skeletons (or their allies) should have airships or gliders, new dragon mounts, or flame wagons.

It would be fitting for an Elven ship to counter the Troll ship, but it should be smaller and faster. The Troll ship is more than the Trolls can handle!
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

CB,

I agree likely more trolls and skellies coupled with the elves. Thats fine. Lets us amass our armies a bit more. The troll forces went from 2 troll/orcs and a big troll/troll/Uncle Larry in one set to being basically in evertset of 2008, which I think is awesome. At least they have a fair sized army now.

I think they should release an elf ship along with a smaller Troll one. I would like to see more buildings. This year, 2008, is really lacking in structures.... the tower from tower raid. Need more fortifications. It is the CASTLE theme after all.

R
Brick Builder
Peasant

Post by Brick Builder »

Today I got the troll warship and to tell you the truth its not as exciting as it looks. Sure its got missiles,big troll, etc. Its 6 trolls against one knight and a dwarf they could have evened it up. The dwarf is pointless they could have used something else like the princess of the king it would have made more sense. You've got seven spaces and five trolls(not including the one with the gold helmet). You've also got this gap at the back, whats the point of that. Plus in the caban of the boat there are four sword holders. You could fit something else in as well like a table or something or even the cage. For the little boats you get no paddles which is stupid.

I'll think I'll leave it at that out of 5 i'd give it 2 :roll:
domboy
Freeman

Re: lego troll warship

Post by domboy »

I like this set... though I have to admit my initial interest was more for the Dragon Rider... as the green dragon is awesome (I'm a big fan of the new dragons).
The ship itself looks very impressive, i.e. it's huge. I like that it has oars/rowers which makes it look like a galley ship, the big troll beating the drum is a neat touch (though I'm not a big fan of the large trolls... they look like of silly). The sails are cool, but I wish they were printed on both sides since they are positioned bow-to-stern instead of starboard-to-port like the pirate ships or the skeleton ship. Minor gripe I guess. I think it's cool that the set includes three factions instead of just two. The missile launcher actually works really well... though it seems a little modern and out of place even for fantasy castle... unless it's suppose to be a sort of ancient Ballista type weapon, which I have to assume it is.
Brick Builder wrote: Sure its got missiles,big troll, etc. Its 6 trolls against one knight and a dwarf they could have evened it up.
Well, one fire-breathing dragon against a wooden ship... seems to me the odds are in favor of the Dragon Rider... unless the troll/orc gunner has a good aim that is.

I think the set is over-priced, and I usually don't say that... I wanted to get it but I didn't want to pay full price for it, so thankfully I got one off ebay for half-price...

Now as others have said, the good guys need a boat...