LEGO Castle has a future - already in 2004!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

just to let you all know. monty python came out 1998, do you know how long its been. well if they wanted to make that helmet i think they would have made it

lone ranger

www.harveynet.nu/justin/
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Where this information come from Rogue27 ?
Is there an article on internet or something from Lego ?
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

The information came from what appeared to be the web sites of various distributors.

The prices, set numbers, release dates, and names came from these sites. There were also listings of a bunch of other 2004 sets.

Also note that I've seen this information on three different sites. One of them listed the five sets I mentioned as "castle", another called them "Knight's Kingdon", and another didn't put any of the sets into categories. The sites were in a foreign language and currency, so it is possible for there to be an error in the translation.

I have no way of verifying the the things which I labeled as rumors, since that is what they are. However, the set numbers, names, release dates, and prices seemed legitimate to me. There were no pictures.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Well if these rumored sets do become Bionicle like in reality, I for one will jump ship from Lego until such time they come out with "real castle" sets. I will not purchase any Lego sets at all. I will begin another dark ages in protest. My hard earned money will be geared towards Buying the hated Megablocks dragon line. Perhaps if the Megablocks sales figures get even better, Lego will wise up to the fact they are losing their audience.

It must be said that I have never purchased any Megablock set, but the viking ship way back when and that thing hit the grbage pail shortly after purchase. I am not a Megablocks fan, just someone who feels the need to protest this tragedy if it becomes more than just rumor.

I'd rather see no new castle stuff than to see it become Bionicle.

WL
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

I'd rather see no new castle stuff than to see it become Bionicle
This is where I would have to agree, bigtime. Good point wlister. Removing Castle from minifigs or minifigs from Castle...what would you have left? Galidor junk was almost enough to make me scream! If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Anyone have sales figures for TLG say 15 years ago contrasted with now (adjusted for inflation)? The Star Wars stuff is cool, minifig stormtroopers to Yoda and more fun than the old posable figs ever were (Not that I have any sets, but my kids have a few and I had the posable figs growing up). Keep in mind this is only a rumour and that there may be some freaky biojunk plus some neat Castle sets....the fat lady has not yet sung...
Troy T. Moore
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

dariofol wrote:castle:
8770 Danju - der weise
8771 Jayko - der held
8772 Rascus - der joker
8773 santis - der starke
8774 Vladek - der schwarze ritter
I googled "Danju - der weise" and came to [removed by admin], a Swiss site. Important missing information is the prefix "Ritter" (see below for one suffix) which indicates they are knights. Prices CHF 12.90 (Swiss Francs).

No pictures accompany these items, and ominously they appear immediately after the Bionicle characters.

8770 Ritter Danju, der Weise Spielwaren/Spielzeug/Konstruktion/Lego EAN:570201436592 ...
8771 Ritter Jayko, der Held Spielwaren/Spielzeug/Konstruktion/Lego EAN:5702014365933 ...
8772 Ritter Rascus, der Joker Spielwaren/Spielzeug/Konstruktion/Lego EAN:57020143659 ...
8773 Ritter Santis, der Starke Spielwaren/Spielzeug/Konstruktion/Lego EAN:5702014365 ...
8774 Vladek, der Schwarze Ritter Spielwaren/Spielzeug/Konstruktion/Lego EAN:57020143 ...

I also found another Swiss site: [removed by admin] which lists these items at CHF 14.90 and also state "neu ab Mai" - new in/from May.

So, what is proved? Only that the items do exist and are not a random rumour. As to their exact nature..........

Alan
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

The Lego Company these days seems to me to be something of a paradox. In one way they are making great strides with the development of well made SW sets, the re-release of some Castle sets, and some really nifty Train sets. On the other hand, you see bionicle, Gladidor, and Alpha team. On the whole, it seems that the company is walking a VARY delicate balance. It is keeping younger kids happy while still keeping serious Lego fans content. However, if they start corrupting age old themes, I will start getting very dissappointed.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Leaks

Post by architect »

Dear CC users,

The administrators have decided that we will not be discussing leaks of LEGO sets in our forums. We also will not link to sites that post photos or set information before it is publicly released by LEGO. If you think a link is not a leak, please contact an admin, so we can discuss it, before you post.

Thanks,

The CC Team