LEGO Castle has a future - already in 2004!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Wow. That really got me there.

I can't believe that you live so close to pieces like that! I would give anything I have for a score of those helmets.
James
Peasant

Post by James »

James Stacey
------
www.minifig.co.uk
I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

This small film is totally crazy !! :lol: :lol:
Ha! Ha! Ha!

Very well done !
dannyscastle
Serf

Post by dannyscastle »

hahahahahahaha it is funny but short my fav part is the skeliton
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

8770 Danju the wise
8771 Jayko the hero
8772 Rascus the joker
8773 Santis the strong
8774 Vladek the black knight

These are supposed to come out in May. They all have the same price, but the price I saw was in a foreign currency, so I don't know what it means in Dollars.

I also heard a bad rumor that the new castle stuff is "like bionicle" and the new pirate stuff is "like jack stone". I hope neither of those are true. However, with the five castle sets all being named after a person instead of a building and having equal prices, the bionicle rumor might be true.
Last edited by rogue27 on Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Oh my god! Somehow I have a a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that the sets will only be large figs like Bionicle. Why else would they have those names and be "in small boxes with attractiv prices." I can't believe that. That is kid stuff! What about the AFOL. This is rediculous!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Had to edit for length :lol:
Last edited by LEGOFREAK on Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

*ditto*
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Something is rotten in the State of Denmark.
Why do they torment us this way? Even little kids can appreciate the fun and value of a plastic brick. It doesn't take a bunch of rotten huge premolded pieces with a TV show to have fun! I am getting very disappointed with TLC. They are straying from the very thing that has been keeping this company sucssesful for over 50 years!

:shock: Whew. done with my rant now :)
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Oh! One thing rogue27.
What were the prices anyway?
Maybe someone can figure out the price and using that we can geuss if these are minifigs, keychains, or some weird set.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Oh no ! I hope this is not true. It's absolutely terrible. They are going to kill Castle Line...

Please nooooooooooooooo !
Not like bionicle. Please No !

I'm going to have trouble sleep this night. That's worse than fright knights !!!!!! A true nightmare... :cry: :cry: :cry:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Come on guys (and gals). Cheer up!

I dont like talking about rumors. We could just wait until sets are released publicly.

At the very least, I bet we will see a few castle things. We have had two awesome castle legends come out. And LEGO hooked us up with a nice accessory pack. Eventually we will get new castle sets.

As for the Bionicle thing. Is this a bad idea? I dont think so. It would be a way to get younger fans interested in castle before they graduate to bricks :D

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

The price was 14.90 and there was no currency symbol. The same site lists the newest Star Wars Mini sets for 14.90 as well, and those Star Wars sets are $7 each. I guess it is pretty safe to say that the new castle sets are also $7 each. Sadly, the $7 price supports the bionicle rumor. (note the emphasis... the bionicle thing is just a rumor.)

There is also a "houses" designer set with "black and red roof slopes, doors, and windows" that may have some useful parts for medieval buildings. It looks like it will be in the $30 price range.

The last thing I want to see is lego selling "Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Knights"

I hope that the bionicle rumor is false and that each of the five sets is a minifig with a building or something along those lines. Maybe the bionicle rumor started because there will be a storyline to go with these five characters? Maybe it will be "marketed like bionicle" and not "constructed like bionicle"? *hope*

I mean, they sound like they could be cool if they were "minifigs with buildings".

What if...
...Danju the Wise was a sage living in a cottage with a small library inside?
...Jayko the Hero was a well armed guy that includes a small dungeon to explore. (think Skeleton Surprise)
...Rascus the Joker was a thief with a clever hideout
...Santis the Strong was a blacksmith with a shop
...Vladek the Black Knight was a knight with a mini tower/fortress

Keep in mind that the stuff in italics is hopeful speculation based on the names and is not based on any fact or even rumor. It would be much better than "Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Knights".
rick
Gong Farmer

Post by rick »

All the new minifig stuff has numbers in the 70XX range (World City en Pirate). The "castle" sets have set numbers in the 87XX range, up til now only used by TECHNIC sets. So my guess is that these castle sets are at least NO minifig sets (My best guess is also B!#@&cle).

Rick
dariofol
Freeman

Post by dariofol »

castle:
8770 Danju - der weise
8771 Jayko - der held
8772 Rascus - der joker
8773 santis - der starke
8774 Vladek - der schwarze ritter

Bionicle:
8601 vakama