Is he a Black Knight? A Dragon Master?...or something else?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
The Dragon Master

Is he a Black Knight? A Dragon Master?...or something else?

Post by The Dragon Master »

Take a look at this.

CLICK For larger view
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=6078_1&v=z

Royal Drawbridge, 6078 is one of my favorite all time sets. Its very neat in design and features one of the last Dragon Masters to appear in a set...or is it???

Look closely at the knight in the top left corner. At first glance he is a dragon master. He has the colors, face, torso, and horse helm, that is the Dragon Master Cavalry Standard. But look at that sheild...By God its a Black Knight's Sheild!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this man mad! Or maybe a traitor! Or maybe he was last in line when they were handing out sheilds. Who knows?!?!?!

This is not the first mystery involving those dastardly Black Knights. For example Battle Dragon 6018. Image Are those soldiers Falcons of B. Knights!?!?! Is a Falcon holding a B.K. at arrow-point to make him row!!!!!!!!!

If I can quote the great and honorable Jojo "Design of minifigs and boat is definitely black-knightish. So why does the Black Knight carry a Black Falcon shield? I did not understand this than and I do not understand it now."

What is the world coming to! Factions switching boats and sheilds!!!!! Ahah!!! Prehaps those Knights Kingdom guys where really Black Knights incognito!

What is you opinons on this. Which knight, from which set, is which faction!

thanks

Dragon Master

P.S. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY to much time on my hands :lol:
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I still think the Dragon Masters were the illegitimate offspring of the Black Knights.
Or maybe they were the Elite Black Knights - Yeah, that sounds a little better.... Either way, they were related somehow..

And as for 6018 - well, uhhhhh. Hmm.

hey look over there..
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

AFAIK, Black knights shields look like so - www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3846px10

Dragon masters are such -www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=770p4b

As for sets like 6018.... I don't know. Maybe they are some sort of defunct Black Falcons.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

This is what I think. You see, that 6018 falcon is wearing red pants. Now to me, a Black Falcon doesn't wear red. So what this tells me is that the Black Knights are trying to make the Black Falcons think that this guy wearing a new shirt and carrying a new shield is a Black Falcon so he can take his 'prisoner' and infiltrate Black Falcon territory. But you see the BKs weren't totally convinced that the BFs would buy the story, so the BKs decided to have the fake BF on a super secret new type of stealth boat, that the real BFs couldn't wait to get their hands on and reverse engineer the technology. So with this sweet deal, they'd overlook the traitor in their midst. So off they row deep into Falcon territory, very nervous about their mission. But as they reach the shores up river of the Falcon Fortress, the fake falcon is relieved to see that the real Falcons are taking the bait. His 'prisoner' isn't too happy though, cause now he really is a prisoner. Of course, this is all part of the plot. The fake Falcon is brought deep into the fortress, and after the real Falcons drink themselves into a drunken stupor, the fake Falcon sneaks into the war room and steals all of their maps and strategic documents. Then, after pocketing those items, he makes his way into the jail and steals the sleeping guard's keys. He releases his fake prisoner from before, along with several other previously captured comrades. They swiftly tie up the guards and steal their weapons, and then make their way to the main gate. But wait! One of the guards has alerted the others! And the drawbridge is closing! Quickly! Run to the gate. The first few make it out safely, but soon the gate raising up to an almost unclimbable angle. Hurry! Our fake Falcon is the last to escape, and as he claws his way up the drawbridge, arrows begin to implant themselves into the drawbridge around him, but because of their drunken stupor the archers can't quite hit their mark. Fortunately for the fake Falcon, he can now use the arrows to help him climb, and soon he makes it to the top of the drawbridge, leaping into the arms of his comrades to break his fall. With a good few minutes head start, the group runs from their would-be prison and into Black Knight protected territory.

But was it all worth it? Was it worth the sacrifice of their stealth boat to rescue these few troops and gain the information? Only time will tell.

:D

--Anthony
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Your thery is good, but there is a problem. The Fake Falcon wear a chainmail (like black knights). He is not very credible in Black Falcons. The guy in 6018 wear red pant like BK and chainmail like BK.

You talked about red. There is two exceptions for Falcons. The Falcon Knights in 6021 wear a red breastplate. On knight in 6074 had a red horse hitching and a red plume. I don't think Falcons can't wear red.

I think this is not their favorite color. And that doesn't represent their faction. As the BK that doesn't use much yellow. :wink:
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

SavaTheAggie wrote:This is what I think. You see, that 6018 falcon is wearing red pants. Now to me, a Black Falcon doesn't wear red. So what this tells me is that the Black Knights are trying to make the Black Falcons think that this guy wearing a new shirt and carrying a new shield is a Black Falcon so he can take his 'prisoner' and infiltrate Black Falcon territory. But you see the BKs weren't totally convinced that the BFs would buy the story, so the BKs decided to have the fake BF on a super secret new type of stealth boat, that the real BFs couldn't wait to get their hands on and reverse engineer the technology. So with this sweet deal, they'd overlook the traitor in their midst. So off they row deep into Falcon territory, very nervous about their mission. But as they reach the shores up river of the Falcon Fortress, the fake falcon is relieved to see that the real Falcons are taking the bait. His 'prisoner' isn't too happy though, cause now he really is a prisoner. Of course, this is all part of the plot. The fake Falcon is brought deep into the fortress, and after the real Falcons drink themselves into a drunken stupor, the fake Falcon sneaks into the war room and steals all of their maps and strategic documents. Then, after pocketing those items, he makes his way into the jail and steals the sleeping guard's keys. He releases his fake prisoner from before, along with several other previously captured comrades. They swiftly tie up the guards and steal their weapons, and then make their way to the main gate. But wait! One of the guards has alerted the others! And the drawbridge is closing! Quickly! Run to the gate. The first few make it out safely, but soon the gate raising up to an almost unclimbable angle. Hurry! Our fake Falcon is the last to escape, and as he claws his way up the drawbridge, arrows begin to implant themselves into the drawbridge around him, but because of their drunken stupor the archers can't quite hit their mark. Fortunately for the fake Falcon, he can now use the arrows to help him climb, and soon he makes it to the top of the drawbridge, leaping into the arms of his comrades to break his fall. With a good few minutes head start, the group runs from their would-be prison and into Black Knight protected territory.

But was it all worth it? Was it worth the sacrifice of their stealth boat to rescue these few troops and gain the information? Only time will tell.

:D

--Anthony
Where do you get these ideas? :D
mongoose
Gong Farmer

Post by mongoose »

Hope you all don't mind if a newbie gives his theory. This is going to be a bit complicated so bear with me.
Two factors influence how the factions interact in my Castle Universe.
1.In my castle universe time progresses as different factions are introduced, for instance a Bull will never meet a Wolfpack member because the Wolves are gone several generations before the Bulls come on the scene.
2.The Castle Realm is in a modified Europe. Imagine Europe beiing split by a large mountian chain with a half-doszen at most passes, so that northern Germany and France are cut off from the rest of Europe. Then the southern half is divided by a large river that stretches from the mountains to the Mediterrainian Sea. All the Action in Catle takes place south of the mountains in a land that is tenporrailly called Medieval (until I can get a better name for it :D ).
Now, in the early days of Castle the Lions and two Vassle Kingdoms were located west of the river. The Falcons were located east of the river. A powerful army with technologically advanced armour and weapons crosses the mountains from the Northlands. Calling themselves the Black Dragons they defeat the Falcons and make them a Vassle State, the Black Falcons. The combined Dragon and Falcon armies then attempt to conquor the Lions and get whooped, bad. Most of the the Blacks are conquored and made into Vassle States of the Lions, but a few Dragons escape back to the Northlands; later to come back as the Dragon Masters several generations later.
So the knight at the drawbridge is a Dragon Master, he just has an old shield. The boat is a Dragon boat manned by Vassle Falcons.
Mongoose
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Well mongoose, I have to say that your interpretation of all of this is about the best I've heard thus far. But what of yellow castle? :P

Oh and by the way, the term "newbie" is (thankfully) a foreign word here so far. :D
Dragon Master
Merchant

READ THIS!

Post by Dragon Master »

Here is how I think Dragon Masters were born.

I think that Majisto was once a Black Monarch prince. He was expelled from the kingdom, because he was different. He was involved in magic and could talk to animals. After being banished from the Black Monarch's empire he lived in the harsh mountainous regions, where wild, nomadic men dwell.

The inhabitants of the mountains were constantly living in fear of the dragons that preyed upon them. Majisto, using his powers was able to tame the dragons. Soon the wild nomads began to settle, as they no longer feared the dragons.

The people of the mountains united under their leader, the Wise Majisto...master of the dragons. The Dragon Masters were able to develop fortresses in the mountains, and even shops and homes. Slowly...civilization was born in the mountains. Eventually a grand army was born. The Dragon Masters were superb cavaliers, taming the wild horses of the north.

Soon the Dragon Masters were a real force and began on a campaign of revenge...and conquest. However, Majisto was never able to get his revenge on the Black Knights. After the death of the Black Monarch the empire soon fell apart.

The Dragon Masters would go on to fight and befriend other factions, such as the Wolfpack, Royal Knights, Darkforestmen, and Fright Knights. The Dragon Masters built a vast empire. The Golden Age of the Dragon Masters was soon to follow,

After the Golden Age of the Dragon Masters the empire collapsed, due to an evil empire called Hogwarts. They now inhabit the mountains regions in the north as they once did.

Well that’s what I think anyway.

Bye,

Dragon Master
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Jojo
Master

Re: READ THIS!

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Dragon Master wrote:Here is how I think Dragon Masters were born. (...snip...)
After the Golden Age of the Dragon Masters the empire collapsed, due to an evil empire called Hogwarts.
That's a nice story! And the end is funny with this affront against Hogwarts.

It doesn't explain, though, why the Black Knights in 6018 carry a Black Falcon shield. ;)

Bye
Jojo

lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

I know!
The people in the boat are deserters (obviously drunk - one is pointing a crossbow at the other) from the Black knight's army. They were recently in a battle with the Black Falcons (who were not yet totally defeated, they were still fending off the Black knights in set 6057) and had taken some plunder. The boat itself once belonged to the Lion knights (as the King's oarsmen) but had been captured by the Black Falcons and refitted. This in turn was taken by the Black Knights.
When the two deserters got back home, they were arrested and the boat was confinscated by the govenment who used the design in making the black knight's boat and (on a larger scale) the sea serpent. However, before the vessels were finished, the Black Monarch's Empire crumbled and was overtaken by the Dragon Masters.

Now dosen't that fit nicely? :D
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

The whole Knights Kingdom line looked like it was pieced together with spare parts. This set fits right in with that theme. They gave him the Black Knights shield because they had a bunch in inventory.....

That's my theory anyway. I'll still never buy the set. :P