Weekly Set Review: Sea Serpent

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

This is great! Although it is a castle set, it is reminiscent of some of the great Imperial sets of before, including the Caribbean Clipper and Renegade Runner. The figs are great, as is the overall design of the ship.
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

I just bought this last week on eBay for 10 dollars(Fifteen if you include shipping) It's absoloutly awesome! The ship design-great, five figs, extra weapons, it's a really cool set.

~Ziggy
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

I like it. The ship is a little small, but intoresting. The figure count is great. It realy is bad that lego hasn't continued in this direction. It would be cool if lego created a sort of atlantien style faction.
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
André
Villein

Post by André »

for me, this is the best castle set. nice ship, five minifigs, lots of weapons and shields. and you have the grey helmets, which are always cool to have, with factions they usually don´t have this kind of helmets.
i think i have 10 of them. all of them of ebay. you can have them for 6 - 8 €, thats a great price for those figs and parts. its the best castle ship also....
C0M3_GeT_5OME
Serf

Post by C0M3_GeT_5OME »

I luv this set its one of my favourites. I think the dragon on the sail was an awesome idea, the whole thing is just well designed. I wish i had bought more of these...
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

A great little set!

If I recolect rightly this was my first castle set ever! It has a great fig selection and enough weapons to make me happy. The sail is a nice print and the blue color scheme is very attractive. Nice part selection considering it's a ship!

If this set was to be realesed today I would buy a couple!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Baned
Foot Soldier

Post by Baned »

This was a magnificent little set. I wish I had more than one, so I could have a small fleet. One a scale of awesomeness from 1 to 10, with 10 being Chuck Norris, it's about 9.6.
Peeron contributions: 577 (Viking Chess), 7009, 7654, 7655, 7695, 7771, 8813, 8821, and 8822.

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MaccyG]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
robin d. hood
Gong Farmer

spectacular

Post by robin d. hood »

I thought this set was great due to it's combination of two "clans" and the simple fact it was a ship. It looked very authentic and had a neat sail as well. 10/10.
"Thus endys the talkyng of the munke
And Robyn Hode i-wysse;
God, that is euer a crowned kyng,
Bryng vs all to his blisse"- robin hood and the monk
Perseus55
Gong Farmer

One of my favorite sets for sure!

Post by Perseus55 »

I really loved this set as a kid. Falcon Knights were my favorite faction too so that helped raise my opinion of this set too. Very nice model too even without all the mini figures. I agree the sail was well done as well.