Skeleton chariot! useful for evil horde?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
dragonblade24
Apprentice

Skeleton chariot! useful for evil horde?

Post by dragonblade24 »

this set seemed like a decent army builder. that is if you are forming a skeleton army. but im not sure so what are your opinions do you think this is a good builder or starter for an evil horde?

here is the link http://www.brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=5372-1

Im not sure how much it cost either. they have not come to the US yet i dont think. thanks for the posts :D
1. work!
2. work harder!
3. When all else fails.....BUILD LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we fly to victory!' said the dragon king.
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

Well, the rumours are right now that this set was cancelled, so who knows. *shrug*
They Have A Cave Troll
Villein

Post by They Have A Cave Troll »

I'd have been all over that. An impulse to the max.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Dano,

Who said it has been cancelled? I had not heard that. It was listed on TLC instruction list in castle last time I looked. It would be odd to put these up if it was not to be released.

I hope this does come out as I'd love more white skellies. I have been holding back using PaB to get a bunch as I want the right skellie head not the old one on PaB. Time will tell. There was a soldier with a catapult as well that looked neat.

R
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:Who said it has been cancelled? I had not heard that. It was listed on TLC instruction list in castle last time I looked. It would be odd to put these up if it was not to be released.
Well, that's according to Eurobricks, but you never know with them. Anyways, here's what I could find:
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Dano,

Thanks for the links.

I do not know what to say. Speculative, very speculative. It seems like there is no real evidence in the posts there behind the idea it has been cancelled.

That said two little events do make me wonder. One, that they removed it from the main product menu after two weeks of it being on the TLC website.
Second is that they are now gone from TLC instruction page. I would not think that means it is cancelled as they never from what I have seen release instructions before the set, just cleaning up a mistake.

But who knows.

R
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I'll believe in cancellation when it becomes removed from LEGO's S@H pages, there is an official announcement and the Castle theme has moved into history without it's surface. There's still plenty of time for a release. Heck, it might even be in the advent calender you know?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Jeong
Gong Farmer

Post by Jeong »

I hope this isn't cancelled. It would be a cheap way to get some skelleton cavalry in. If I bought some I would probably ditch the chariot idea and use the plain skelly on a horse, maybe reserve one chariot for an elite. My guess is this will be a $3.50 set like the other impulses.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I would buy some extra copies of this set, I would also not want it cancelled. Skeleton armies need logistical support too. They need a easy way to bring supplies to the battle. Perhaps LEGO wants to redesign the set? Who knows? I hope LEGO doesn't stop the Skeleton sets altogether.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

i've been waiting for months to get this set.
Domino Gloria!
dragonblade24
Apprentice

Post by dragonblade24 »

well if this is set does not come out people wont be able to keep there skeleton army up. I have a big skeleton army right now. I would like to see this set be released that will help me and my forces of darkness. So what about you do you think this set would be useful to alot of skeleton fans if it were released? :)
1. work!
2. work harder!
3. When all else fails.....BUILD LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we fly to victory!' said the dragon king.
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

I've been using the Crossbow Attack to up my Skelly Cavalry and at the same time get more Crownies.

I hope this set does come out but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.
Muskey15
Journeyman

Post by Muskey15 »

It would be good if this set was released, for I have about 10-15 skellies only. Let's keep our finger's crossed!

-Muskey
~His Lowness Seamus O'Callaghan of Lenfald~

"You call this archaeology?"

Lenfels ASSEMBLE!
siabur
Laborer

Post by siabur »

This set has been out since the castle siege, cross bow and joust. It pops in and out of stores. I picked up mine at kmart in june. Lego store has it. It's $20. Something I found out while on a lego hunt, sets are determined by how new it is (i badgerd enough people they called more important people to find that out). Even if it's not cancelled stores may not carry it (because) it's not the newest thing. Right now I can't find any castle stuff in my hometown, it's not carried or sells quick, starwars, indy, and bionical are easy to get. Shop@home or a lego store, (mines 120 mile round trip) As for a troop builder, buy the skellie or crownie packs, crossbow attack if you can find it. Good for skellie horses.
Genuine Draft - A Brick Comic since October 2008
[url=http://www.dreamersink.com][img]http://www.dreamersink.com/gd/image/468x60fftban.jpg[/img][/url]
Lego is my prefered drug of choice.
[url=http://www.brickcomicnetwork.com]BCN: Brick Comic Network[/url]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

I believe you're thinking of the skeletion prison carriage, three horses and a knight with some skellies?
Domino Gloria!